Lost the Plot, Getting It Back

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

timbre4

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
Hey folks, just a short note here. A year ago I was diagnosed with prostate cancer and have been working through that. (I'm out of the woods so to speak, working full time and travelling as much as I can; treatment continues another year) I'd been popping in here right along but "lost the plot" here in recent weeks. I do still have way too much music and music projects to all get done but I am working towards having both oars back in the water here soon. Not looking for any attention, just wanted to relate the story. Long live the mighty QQ!

Hey Tim. Glad to hear you have been treated and are doing well. My dad has pancreatic cancer and is scheduled for surgery on Friday. Cancer sucks! The one thing I know for sure from seeing friends and relatives go through the struggle is attitude is the most important factor for the best outcome. Sounds like you have that for sure. Keep smiling, lean on your friends and family. Music is a great healer too. You have both in playing and listening! Positive thoughts from one of your many friends here at QQ!

Tim you are THE MAN. I am glad that everything went well and you are moving forward again. This place missed you but it does seem to take care of itself, so don't let it be a burdon - either here or the FB page. Really, in the overall scheme of things, your well being is #1. QQ is about #87. :)

Hey folks, just a short note here. A year ago I was diagnosed with prostate cancer and have been working through that. (I'm out of the woods so to speak, working full time and travelling as much as I can; treatment continues another year) I'd been popping in here right along but "lost the plot" here in recent weeks. I do still have way too much music and music projects to all get done but I am working towards having both oars back in the water here soon. Not looking for any attention, just wanted to relate the story. Long live the mighty QQ!

It's safe to say that this forum would not be the same without you, and it would be very remiss of me not to mention the impact you have had on my growth here at QQ. I'm very grateful to have you as a friend and companion, and even if you did give all of this up completely, it would be enough for me as long as you are still alive and well on this planet.

Four cheers for Tim! :51QQ

Thankfully, you caught it in time as it's eminently treatable today.

A very favorite cousin of mine a few years back was diagnosed and REFUSED TREATMENT. I won't go into detail but it wasn't a very happy ending....actually, the exact opposite.

Glad to have you back. Sometimes it does take a scare but glad you're enjoying your life once again ... and traveling!

Last edited:
Good to see you are getting treatment Tim....I'm actually going today to get my annual PSA test prior to my appointment with my urologist...if you are 50 years old you should be getting this test every year...both the blood test and physical exam...and if it runs in your family go sooner and get checked every year...it's the one cancer that can "usually" be stopped most of the time if it is detected early on.....I mentioned this movie reference to my urologist and he cracked up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back