QQ 20th Anniversary on July 9th!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Disclord's name was Ty. We became good friends. His knowledge of matrix algorithms etc. was astounding.

I miss EMB, Ed Bishop. Had an incredible knowledge and collection. Knew an astoundingly great deal about 50's Rock, doo wop, etc. I was there. Two teenage aunts living upstairs when I was three. Rockin'! Ed knew far more than me, as he was there too.

So many others we've lost. They are with us still through fond memories and great posts.

However, as many have pointed out, we've gained so much over 20 years, including our newbies. Again, the future looks bright and we're getting lots of new surround products.

Happy Birthday! Man, i can't even find the words to express my gratitude for this site. I came to QQ at a dark time in my life . . . and it's gotten even darker, but this site and the people on it have helped me through, and i have no doubt it and you all will continue to do so for many years to come. Thank you ALL for ALL you do. Stay Surrounded, Comrades!

This is a great site. I remember the first quad group was hosted by Delphi, then came the Yahoo group, then this magnificent, exquisite site.. I'm number 4? Huh?
I'm curious -- how many members here subscribed to the pre-internet quad newsletters Quadraphonic Quarterly, Multichannel Review and Quadtrade?

And you know what's funny, I was thinking about this the other day.... we're one of the more "Calmer" message boards. I mean sure, a few members over the years (myself included) have had a beef with a member or two, but more often than not; we/they/he/she is able to put their egos aside, agree to disagree (or even sometimes admit they were wrong!) and we get on with life.

I've been a member of other boards, car-related stuff, where BIG EGO's get involved, money, machismo and the occasional external genital gets thrown around. I've seen boards shut down because of members actions.... I've seen members literally put their money where there mouth is and start near-identical boards to be populated by all their friends and yes-men. That, (to my knowledge) has really never happened here. I do feel we can kind of owe that peacekeeping ability to the Big #1, Mr. Jon. Can I get a "Here Here!" to the Patron Saint of Surround-o-Philes of the internet? I'm sure I could.

There's no doubt, Jon's getting into Heaven. After 20-some years of putting up with us knobs and settling our pissing matches - he's earned that Fluffy cloud and Halo. 😁

Cheers to you Mr. Jon and thank you for an Amazing couple of decades. I think I can safely say none of us would be here if it weren't for you.

""

Well, what can I say that hasn't already been said? Thank you Jon for starting this forum and happy anniversary. I visit the site every day and often many times a day, I now have a huge collection of surround music and I've run out of room to store it all, I need to move to a bigger home (not gonna happen) Here's to 20 more years of QUADRAPHONICQUAD!

Happy anniversary to this site who open my mind to more channels.
This group of people and the website were a revelation to me. I only listen to surround music and here I can read and learn continuous new ideas and thoughts.

Certainly deserves a single malt to celebrate (At least one....)

Thank You and I look forward to another 20 years!

Happy 20th, QQ! My own infatuation with quad dates back some 52 years, when I first heard what would quickly become something I couldn't live without. Even during quad's "dormant period", which was from the late 70's, when quad began to fade, until home theater, I continued to seek out quad records to build up my collection. When DVD-A promised to bring surround music back, I was ready. SACD multichannel? Bring it on! DTS CD? The more, the merrier! I'm a diehard quadraholic, and there's no cure!

This is a great site. I remember the first quad group was hosted by Delphi, then came the Yahoo group, then this magnificent, exquisite site.. I'm number 4? Huh?
I'm curious -- how many members here subscribed to the pre-internet quad newsletters Quadraphonic Quarterly, Multichannel Review and Quadtrade?
I did, all three! And I was on the first versions of QQ too, although one of them I remember, they had to take down to fix something, and when they rebooted, I had to re-join which changed the date that showed when I joined later.

Back