PARADISE LOST - Draconian Times 5.1 reissue

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baker

Sorry, I can't seem to find any viable link but it is told that Paradise Lost will reissue its cornerstone album Draconian Times in 5.1.

The band will also promote the reissue by touring Europe, playing the entire album during these shows. I can't find any advertising or official link but the band will be playing here in France on MAr. 30. So I assume the reissue should be ready for this date.

Of course some P.L. albums would have been a better choice for surround sound (Host or Symbol of Life) but in these dire days, it's always good to have a new 5.1 reissue. It seems like it's been forever since the last one :-(

Oh, and I have no clue whatsoever, but I bet on Jens Bogren for the surround mix ;)

Sorry, I can't seem to find any viable link but it is told that Paradise Lost will reissue its cornerstone album Draconian Times in 5.1.

Thanks for the info! As for the source, it's right at the band's web site:
Sony Music are re-releasing the colossal Draconian Times through their Grammy-award winning Legacy series; which will feature the entire digitally re-mastered album including a 5.1 Dolby Surround mix (produced by Jens Bogren - who has worked with bands such as Opeth, Amon Amarth, Soilwork and Katatonia - in addition to producing Paradise Lost's latest studio album "Faith Divides Us Death Unites Us") in a brand-new collector's edition digi-pak box-set, so fans can hear the album like never before!

Lol ! Jens FTW ! I WON A BET !!! Can't believe it ! :)

I have to say, I'm as pumped about the surround reissue as about the forthcoming tour.
Problem is, would there be other albums reissued that way ? I'm not sure... at all. It's a pity.
At last, given copyright issues, one could hope for a One Second reissue. Now THIS one could also be a killer ^^

I guess we can move it to "DTS & DD" section now it's been released.

It HAS a DTS track.
And it sounds nice. This is far from being the most interesting metal album in surround, let alone the most interesting Paradise Lost (surround-wise) but it's got its moments and has a huge guitar sound.

Now we need Host and One Second.

Ooops, sometimes I get fooled too easily - the real deal Legacy Edition is here and it's £5.99. Still, not a bad deal if you ask me.

Sorry if I've spread the virus.

The Legacy Edition has just dropped to £5.99 over at Amazon UK. However, this usually bumps back in 24 hrs.

I guess I'm in.

Last edited:
Back