• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Sansui QBL-100 Quad Remote!

-nick

Reaction score
I received this beautiful piece of equipment yesterday (for a ridiculous price...).

I use the qrx-5500 as my home theater reciever among the usual battery-
- sacd/dvd player (aux 1)
- turntable (phono 1)
- dvd changer (4-ch 1 tape monitoring)
- cable box / tv analog inputs (2-ch tape monitoring)
- ipod (aux 2)

The synthesized quad does an amazing job with tv and film dvd's. The trouble has always been adjusting volume either during a film or during annoying commercial breaks (where the volume is about double that of whatever the feature is).

The QBL-100 seems to come up on ebay about once a year. I finally managed to snag it. Attached are some internal pics too. There are 9-pins on the connection into the back of the receiver. The remote probably weighs in at ~2lbs! Now my audio is complete!

Cheers,
nick

Attachments

tenpawelnowak

Reaction score
-nick that's an awesome find! I envy you that one :)

Can you tell me the length of original cable?

JonUrban

Administrator
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
Reaction score
Nice! Thanks for posting the pictures

rawmacias

300 Club - QQ All-Star
Reaction score
Needing to know if the QBL-100 remote works with the Sansui QRX-6001 also?
As far as I know , the remote only works with the 5500a receiver (without modification). Here is a note I put in one of your threads:

I just purchased one from a guy in Germany(only place where they seem to be)