The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, family here and time to get settled in. As usual, sharing of a sour, this time Boxing Bear "RazzBearry Gose" (4.9% abv, 10 ibu):
[IMG]

And now, finishing off that 32oz growler of Ex Novo "Más Ascension" IPA (6.8% abv, 78 ibu)
[IMG]

Sharing with Mrs D - Ballast Point "Raspberry Sour Wench" (7.0% abv, 10 ibu). It's been a while since I've had anything from Ballast Point. I like the blackberry sour wench so when I saw the raspberry I grabbed a single to try. Very good pucker, the fruit is subtle and works well in the brew. I'll probably get another.
[IMG]

Reactions: GOS
Before hitting the hops I thought I would have something easy and smooth. One of Mrs D's fellow home-brew club members gave us a couple of 6-packs of assorted stuff he's brewed recently, I'm having his very refreshing and well done Bohemian Pilsner.
[IMG]

Reactions: GOS
Before hitting the hops I thought I would have something easy and smooth. One of Mrs D's fellow home-brew club members gave us a couple of 6-packs of assorted stuff he's brewed recently, I'm having his very refreshing and well done Bohemian Pilsner.
[IMG]

So lucky to access of home brew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A fave from last year has returned. La Cumbre "Sun Fade" NEIPA (7.2% abv, ibu n/a). This year's brew has a bit more bite to it yet still very juicy. I really like the dank finish on it....I got just one 4-pack today but I'll be back for more definitely.
[IMG]

The annual NM IPA challenge is in progress now - a friendly competition more about promoting the state industry as a whole over big bragging rights. Lots for me to try though, and I love it. Today's is Bow & Arrow's "Wassabro" entry (6.8% abv, ibu n/a). Did well in the preliminary round and came in middle of the pack in round one. Another hazy with a bite, right up my alley.
[IMG]

Wow, that sounds just awful. And the gose. But I would have to order one because I'm a sucker.

That's your home brew, DB?
Sorry, missed that post! The IPA is Mrs D's latest home-brew. A bit experimental....she was given a huge assortment of hops and she just selected a bunch for the boil, then a bunch more for the dry-hopping.

A buddy of man snagged me a can of La Cumbre's El Jugo a while back. It was fantastic.
They are in the top tier around here - for good reason...excellent beer, and not just the hops, they do awesome stouts, hefe, sours....and just good folks too.

Beer is one of the oldest and most widely consumed alcoholic drinks in the world, and the third most popular drink overall after water and tea. Beer is brewed from cereal grains—most commonly from malted barley, though wheat, maize, and rice are also used.

Pulled from the Wiki.

Back