Transatlantic - Kaleidoscope in 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inkubuzz

400 Club - QQ All-Star
From Radiant Records.com

Progressive-rock super-group Transatlantic, featuring Mike Portnoy, Neal Morse, Roine Stolt and Pete Trewavas will release their brand new fourth studio album ‘Kaleidoscope’ on the 28th January 2014. "This is right up there with the best of them for me" says Neal Morse. "Some reviewers have said they think it's better than The Whirlwind, which is pretty high marks in my view." Mike Portnoy says “I can't believe we did it again! The magical chemistry in this band never ceases to amaze me...Following up The Whirlwind was always going to be tough, but I think we have done it again with flying colors!! (no pun intended) : ) Prepare yourself for another epic Prog journey....”

Track List:

Main Disc:

1 Into the Blue 25:11
2 Shine 7:26
3 Black as the Sky 6:43
4 Beyond the Sun 4:29
5 Kaleidoscope 31:53
TOTAL TIME: 75:43
Bonus Disc:
1 And You and I 10:43
2 I Can't Get It Out of My Head 4:43
3 Conquistador 4:10
4 Goodbye Yellow Brick Road 3:16
5 Tin Soldier 3:21
6 Sylvia 3:49
7 Indiscipline 4:43
8 Nights In White Satin 6:12
TOTAL TIME: 40:59
Making of Kaleidoscope DVD – Full length DVD behind the scenes of the writing and recording of this amazing album. Running time 1 hour and 26 minutes. Edited by Randy George. NTSC Region Free

Transatlantic - Kaleidoscope is available in these formats:

SINGLE CD VERSION

3 DISC SPECIAL EDITION DIGI-PACK - This version comes in a lovely digi-pack and includes the main disc, bonus disc, “Making Of” DVD and deluxe artwork.

LIMITED EDITION ART BOOK – This version is in a spectacular full color large book with 36 pages and crazy amazing cover texturing. You have to see it to believe it! Includes the main disc, bonus disc, “Making Of” DVD, deluxe artwork and a 5.1 mix of the main audio disc created by Rich Mouser.

3 LP – 2 CD VERSION – 3 LPs in a deluxe package that will blow your already blown mind! Green vinyl to match the artwork. Totally cool! 3 LPs contain all the music on the main disc and bonus disc. Comes with the main disc CD and bonus disc CD as well.

SONGBOOK – For the first time ever! A complete music book of the entire album. Includes everything you need to be able to play this incredible album either solo or with a whole band. All melodies and themes (vocal and instrumental), riffs, lyrics, and chords. A dream come true for the musician in the house and a great collector’s item!

BUNDLES! – We have bundled all the deluxe versions with the songbook at a special price!

I would bet the 5.1 mix is Dolby Digital only, but lets see... I send an email asking.

Unfortunate that another artist deems the 5.1 mix only suitable for the expensive limited edition set :(

From Radiant Records.com

I would bet the 5.1 mix is Dolby Digital only, but lets see... I send an email asking.

I am thinking the same thing and have sent in a question as well.
No idea if he will reply but sent in a question to Rich Mouser as well as he does most of mix/mastering for Neal Morse stuff.

It is to bad that the 5.1 mix is only in on the expensive bundles.
I will be buying the album in some form as am a fan.

Me too, but I still want to know if its only DD or at least DTS

I will probably buy the 5.1 version anyway...

Nothing on UK sites like spinncds.com (e-mailing them to ask) or amazon.co.uk yet, but I'll be buying the 5.1 version, though undoubtedly we'll be paying £52.99 not $52.99! The tax and import duty will make it too expensive to buy from the USA.

Nothing on UK sites like spinncds.com (e-mailing them to ask) or amazon.co.uk yet, but I'll be buying the 5.1 version, though undoubtedly we'll be paying £52.99 not $52.99! The tax and import duty will make it too expensive to buy from the USA.

Sue-wheat!!!!!!!!!!

The "real" Transatlantic AND in 5.1!(y) :banana: (Hey Duncan: how are those other old geezers(Transatlantic) who play autoharp and banjo doin? ;))

I will be buying the 5.1 mix in whatever form, since any 5.1 mix is better than no 5.1 mix

And I'm looking forward to the lads version of Goodbye Yellow Brick Road. :phones

It would be great if Translatlantic would remix sMpte in 5.1. :smokin

Sue-wheat!!!!!!!!!!

The "real" Transatlantic AND in 5.1!(y) :banana: (Hey Duncan: how are those other old geezers(Transatlantic) who play autoharp and banjo doin? ;))

I will be buying the 5.1 mix in whatever form, since any 5.1 mix is better than no 5.1 mix

And I'm looking forward to the lads version of Goodbye Yellow Brick Road. :phones

It would be great if Translatlantic would remix sMpte in 5.1. :smokin

But only for Germans ;).

I will buy the Transatlantic for sure...and then rate it with a 5 :).

This is really a good 5.1 era.

But only for Germans ;).

I will buy the Transatlantic for sure...and then rate it with a 5 :).

No worries m8! We will find another German to vote 5 and then we will add them both to get a 10! :yikes

Yes, its a good time for 5.1. I wonder when they will announce the next YES record in 5.1?

Well, that is a huge disappointment. I'll never understand this. Why go through the effort and expense of a 5.1 mix only to release it on DD. I am OK with DTS, which can't be much more costly to license and encode, but not DD only.

I won't be buying it unless someone here tells me it still sounds good. And I am a big Transatlantic fan. (Going to see them in Montreal in early 2014) The only 5.1 DD mix I have ever enjoyed is Caravan, and even with that one I find myself sitting there wondering just how good it would sound if it were NOT DD, rather than fully enjoying the music.

Well, that is a huge disappointment. I'll never understand this. Why go through the effort and expense of a 5.1 mix only to release it on DD. I am OK with DTS, which can't be much more costly to license and encode, but not DD only.

I won't be buying it unless someone here tells me it still sounds good. And I am a big Transatlantic fan. (Going to see them in Montreal in early 2014) The only 5.1 DD mix I have ever enjoyed is Caravan, and even with that one I find myself sitting there wondering just how good it would sound if it were NOT DD, rather than fully enjoying the music.

Totally agree, big disappointment if it does't have at least DTS.
Seems really strange why bother having a seperate disk as I'm pretty sure you could fit the documentary and a DD on same DVDV disk so I'm still hoping they made a mistake on description.
They did more than that on the last Magenta album as it still had dts 24/96 as well as the doc on one DVDV disk.
For me its only Magenta Seven that I have given more than a few spins with DD only. Caravan-did not really like the album to much so with DD thats no listening time rotation for me.

Does anyone here do twitter, I don't but someone should ask Mike Portnoy as he usually answers stuff.

I do love this formation. Too bad for the format (DD) en the unnecessarily expensive boxing. How about a lossless 5.1 download? I guess not.

Yes. Here is more information about the 5.1 mix. It will be DTS:

http://www.insideoutmusic.com/newsdetailed.aspx?IdNews=13776&IdCompany=8

'Kaleidoscope' will be released on four different formats, including a limited edition Deluxe Artbook with 2CDs, DVD and Bonus DTS 5.1 Mix DVD-Video in an LP-sized book with loads of pictures, liner notes and a lenticular card cover. There will also be 2CD & DVD Mediabook, Standard 2CD Jewelcase and a 3LP & 2CD in slipcase. The InsideOut shop will also be offering an exclusive t-shirt design and a lenticular post card of the album artwork as part of their pre-order. - See more at: http://www.insideoutmusic.com/newsdetailed.aspx?IdNews=13776&IdCompany=8#sthash.J6jfczZI.dpuf

Yes. Here is more information about the 5.1 mix. It will be DTS:

http://www.insideoutmusic.com/newsdetailed.aspx?IdNews=13776&IdCompany=8

'Kaleidoscope' will be released on four different formats, including a limited edition Deluxe Artbook with 2CDs, DVD and Bonus DTS 5.1 Mix DVD-Video in an LP-sized book with loads of pictures, liner notes and a lenticular card cover. There will also be 2CD & DVD Mediabook, Standard 2CD Jewelcase and a 3LP & 2CD in slipcase. The InsideOut shop will also be offering an exclusive t-shirt design and a lenticular post card of the album artwork as part of their pre-order. - See more at: http://www.insideoutmusic.com/newsdetailed.aspx?IdNews=13776&IdCompany=8#sthash.J6jfczZI.dpuf

It still seems a high price to pay to get the 5.1 mix of what will undoubtedly be another great album, even if the 5.1 is DTS and not just Dolby.

Back