BD-A burned to a DVD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, mux to .mkv and create the blu-ray ISO.
I just copied the BDMV & CERTIFICATE subfolders from the Blu-Ray folder to stick and put it in the Oppo. I think CERTIFICATE is the one you need to click on to play it. I had some slides and the DTS-HD files and everything worked perfectly.

Can't get it to work....

I tried every file folder within the "Blu-ray" structure.

If I rename the Blu-ray structure to AVCHD though it works!!!!

FYI - Also the size and structure is identical on disc.. (apart from the root name) AVCHD vs Blu-ray....

What am I missing here? Or maybe it doesn't work on the Oppo 83s

I'm not sure what to say other than it works on my BDP-80. Here again, copy ONLY the BDMV & CERTIFICATE folders to the usb stick.
Don't know what you are renaming as you only need to copy these 2 folders......

I'm not sure what to say other than it works on my BDP-80. Here again, copy ONLY the BDMV & CERTIFICATE folders to the usb stick.
Don't know what you are renaming as you only need to copy these 2 folders......

Still can't get it to work, but I'll try it on a USB stick (rather than a drive) with nothing else on it.

Ahh. I don't have a clue if it will work from a USB connected drive. Maybe try putting the 2 folders in a top level directory.

I tried it with a USB stick with just the BDMV and CERTIFICATE folders - no luck.

P.S. Went around to my brother's place and tried it on his 95 - it played the BDMV folder fine - and it doesn't need to be in the top level directory.

I tried it with a USB stick with just the BDMV and CERTIFICATE folders - no luck.

P.S. Went around to my brother's place and tried it on his 95 - it played the BDMV folder fine - and it doesn't need to be in the top level directory.
Have you kept up with firmware updates? If my BDP-80 will play it the BDP-83 should as well.
Might try the latest beta firmware from November. I have the latest beta installed on mine.

Have you kept up with firmware updates? If my BDP-80 will play it the BDP-83 should as well.
Might try the latest beta firmware from November. I have the latest beta installed on mine.

Yep - I have the November beta firmware on my player - I put it on even before Farewell to Kings came out...

What is the drive formatted as?
It will need to be FAT32.
Should work off a drive.......I will check on my 83SE later.
Definitely want a 95 in the near future though.

What is the drive formatted as?
It will need to be FAT32.
Should work off a drive.......I will check on my 83SE later.
Definitely want a 95 in the near future though.

The drive is FAT32 - I can see and play AVCHD folders, MP3s (ughhh) etc.

I'd love to get a 95, then I'd just play ISOs from disc on a NTFS Sata drive.. Got my 83SE on sale so it was a deal I couldn't turn down.

In terms of music only I don't see as you would lose anything by converting to AVCHD or even just .MKV since your player will handle those from a USB stick, if you prefer that over disc.
I thought the BDP-80 & BDP-83 were pretty much identical in terms of format capability. Wish someone else with an -83 would try this as I'm curious why it doesn't work for you.

In terms of music only I don't see as you would lose anything by converting to AVCHD or even just .MKV since your player will handle those from a USB stick, if you prefer that over disc.
I thought the BDP-80 & BDP-83 were pretty much identical in terms of format capability. Wish someone else with an -83 would try this as I'm curious why it doesn't work for you.

Yep - I'm happy with AVCHD, but I'm keen to get Blu-ray working as it has wider support.

P.S. .MKV has 'Limited support for L5.1 and above' on a BDP-83
http://wiki.oppodigital.com/index.p...AQ#What_are_the_supported_media_file_types.3F
I've only been able to get stereo .MKVs to work - so I use AVCHD:

I asked on the AVSForum and a member posted this about playing blu-ray on the BDP-83 via USB; "As long as you put the bluray folders in a folder called AVCHD it should play on the 83..."
So you might want to give it a shot and see if that works for you. Actually the AVSForum is a pretty good source for Oppo information, might want to check it out.

I asked on the AVSForum and a member posted this about playing blu-ray on the BDP-83 via USB; "As long as you put the bluray folders in a folder called AVCHD it should play on the 83..."
So you might want to give it a shot and see if that works for you. Actually the AVSForum is a pretty good source for Oppo information, might want to check it out.

Hah - I've already done this.... see post #19....

If this is how you have to do it - that's cool!!! It seems to work for everything that I've tried...

Back