ELP Emerson Lake & Palmer Cataloge in 5.1 Surround

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We were lucky to get the first two at a good price but I think any future releases will be of the pricey let's see how much $$$ we can get out of these suckers type of deals. I've already got both versions of Brain Salad Surgery and as for Trilogy, no interest anyway. And how about Pictures at an Exhibition. Always liked that one. Very short though.

We were lucky to get the first two at a good price but I think any future releases will be of the pricey let's see how much $$$ we can get out of these suckers type of deals.

at least it's seems sales of earlier 2 was good. approach to them was sort of "mass marketing" and not for small
niche of hardie fans, who's ready to mortgage their soul to get it. let's hope label did make (and continue to make)
decent profit on these 2 and have enough brain to understand that mass product always generate much better
return than overpriced, directed to chosen few.

amazon.de and bol.com still have the 3 disc and 5 disc BSS listed as 18th of November release date.

They probably just haven't updated their listings, because it's NOT going to be released in November. If it was, then we would already have more solid info on it (like tracklistings, etc)
But on ELP's Facebook page, they said they would have more info for us on these releases in November, which mean that we will get them in December or (more likely) the beginning of 2014.
Neil (Wilkes) probably knows better than anybody at this point when we will definitely hear these releases.

Well at least I now have a confirmation that the "Trilogy" 5.1 mix has already been worked on. Whether it's finished or not, that's another story...
I was browsing through Sid Smith's blog (which is great, BTW), and it was this post that caught my attention: http://sidsmith.blogspot.ca/2013/04/surrounded.html

Thanks so much for the update rt. :) Obviously all we can do is guess about a release date until given better 411. What would make sense is a delay to early 2014 for both. If there is a backlog for authoring; why do one at a time on different dates? They could do both and release upon completion, circa early 2014. Sony had no prob releasing ELP 1st & Tarkus at the same time, so...it would be logical.

As per price, I doubt very much they will charge much more for BSS & Trilogy since ELP simply does not have the current strong market fan base like YES or Tull(perhaps due to ELP not touring much over the past decades and Tull & YES having toured extensively?). Otto is right. Sony will make more in the end with priced right fold-out editions a la Tarkus instead of trying to gouge like Quadrophenia/Aqualung "collector's" editions. What is perhaps taboo to talk about, but is reality, people wind up downloading the extreme priced stuff where they would have purchased the stuff at reasonable prices... Oh that reminds me, I need to post a photo in the collection thread. Is it ok to show a collection mixed with ELP AND Elton John?:rolleyes: I plan to show my stuff with my "model" and she has been busy as of late....

Just announced on ELP Facebook page:

A start to the 40th Anniversary of Emerson, Lake & Palmer Brain Salad Surgery. Exclusive 40th Anniversary t-shirt and 180gram vinyl. Vinyl package is recreated from the original, die cut with pull out poster, etc. Release date is November 12, but you can pre-order starting now at the official Merch Store!

Details

This is a presale item set to ship appx 11.12.13

Includes
Brain Salad Surgery 40th Anniversary 12" 180 gram Vinyl
Black Brain Salad Surgery T-Shirt

Brain Salad Surgery (40th Anniversary 180 gram Vinyl)

Now celebrating its’ 40th Anniversary, this classic album will be released on LIMITED EDITION 180 gram audiophile vinyl in original die-cut packaging, and sure to be coveted by any Emerson, Lake & Palmer collector.

TRACK LISTING
Side One
9. Jerusalem
10. Toccata
11. Still… You Turn Me On
12. Benny the Bouncer
13. Karn Evil 9: 1st Impression, Part 1

Side Two
1. Karn Evil 9: 1st Impression, Part 2
2. Karn Evil 9: 2nd Impression
3. Karn Evil 9: 3rd Impression

So, when are they announcing the DVDA? 11.12.13 is a cool date to release the album

So I guess news on this remix (and "Trilogy") will (hopefully) be here soon! :)

Hi RT, :) I love your optimism, but I don't see any connection here. And I would add that releasing a 40th Anniversary tee-shirt may be the most underwhelming news I have ever heard:mad:@: (from an audio standpoint.). How do we know if Trilogy is even mixed? And, I will stay cranky until we get word that Pirates & Fanfare and getting discrete 5.1 mixes...:smokin

Could ELP/management be so kind as to say the sourcing of the vinyl??? I'm not judging but there is a WORLD of difference based on what the vinyl source is:
A copy of the 40 year old vinyl cutting master tape(perhaps a 2nd or 3rd gen tape copy of that?)
A new 2.0 remix from the multi-track tapes mastered for vinyl?
A digitally cleaned up RIP from the original vinyl cutting master?

Do the record companies think that LP collectors are so clueless that they will buy any LP simply becasue it is black and has a groove? I guess calling it a "collector's edition" 180/200 gram vinyl is good enough? :mad:@: :mad:@: :mad:@:

@inkubuzz: Muchas gracias para la noticias!

Saw this on ELP's Facebook page this morning:

Look for another exciting announcement about Brain Salad Surgery next week!

Hope there will finally be news about the 5.1 remix deluxe editions of this great album, but I also hope that the "Trilogy" 5.1 mix will be released at the same time too. As I've said plenty of times before (and others agree), I can wait for a new BSS 5.1 mix but I can't wait for a new "Trilogy" mix! :)

I am just going to enjoy the 5.1 Yes BluRay and the new Jimi Hendrix DVD and wait until 2014 to see if there will ever be more 5.1 ELP

Hopefully it's cancelled. Enough with the box sets already. Do it the same way as the first two titles.

Yes, I would also prefer seperate releases for Moondance and Layla's Scheiner mix on blu-ray.
But the 5 disc boxset was on preorder for 37€.
This is a good price.

But I was indeed really happy to get Tommy on a single blu-ray. :)

Yes, I would also prefer seperate releases for Moondance and Layla's Scheiner mix on blu-ray.
But the 5 disc boxset was on preorder for 37€.
This is a good price.

But I was indeed really happy to get Tommy on a single blu-ray. :)

does the single Tommy Blu-ray Audio you bought come in the HFPA packaging like the Lionel Richie BDA?

Like these..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 407
I am just going to enjoy the 5.1 Yes BluRay and the new Jimi Hendrix DVD and wait until 2014 to see if there will ever be more 5.1 ELP
i don't see any reasons for Sony to scrap this project.
i hope the sales of previous 2 was and still good, mixes for next was paid off and seems already done,
interests in HiRez/Surround releases [unlike CDs] on the rise.

Saw this on ELP's Facebook page this morning:

Hope there will finally be news about the 5.1 remix deluxe editions of this great album, but I also hope that the "Trilogy" 5.1 mix will be released at the same time too. As I've said plenty of times before (and others agree), I can wait for a new BSS 5.1 mix but I can't wait for a new "Trilogy" mix! :)

Hi from Paris-France, I'm a new "postman" on this site (but old fan of ELP and YES, 2 bands I was lucky to see in Paris in 1973 !)
BSS exists in 5.1 remix since november 2000 (I bought it in DVD-Audio), but, like everybody here, I'm waiting for BSS and Trilogy in High Quality 5.1 remastered/remix (DTS HD Master Audio) !

Last edited:
Back