‘Concert For George’ is the next release in the SDE Surround Series

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did we ever get confirmation on if this release is the same as the Atmos mix currently on streaming? I'm really not impressed with that so I wasn't picking this up, but I recall there was still a lot of confusion around that, If it is in fact different I might just get it.

Did we ever get confirmation on if this release is the same as the Atmos mix currently on streaming? I'm really not impressed with that so I wasn't picking this up, but I recall there was still a lot of confusion around that, If it is in fact different I might just get it.
This is the description on the SDE order page - so hoping it is different.

Paul Hicks speaking about his work on the Atmos Mix for the SDE-exclusive blu-ray:

“With the fact that Apple and [others] have embraced spatial technology, I feel that people are ready to go a bit bolder in it now. When we did the theatrical [Dolby Atmos mix], you know, that's meant for screenings, so was a little bit more traditional. But with how people are listening to Atmos today, I thought we could go a little bit more daring with this [Blu-ray audio]…the format is [typically] where you’re looking at the band, but for this Blu-ray you're standing where the singers are—so it’s nice and immersive.

Having it on Blu-ray you get the advantage of the full-quality Atmos. It's a chance to hear [the concert] full-quality in all its glory". Paul Hicks, 2022

This is the description on the SDE order page - so hoping it is different.

Paul Hicks speaking about his work on the Atmos Mix for the SDE-exclusive blu-ray:

“With the fact that Apple and [others] have embraced spatial technology, I feel that people are ready to go a bit bolder in it now. When we did the theatrical [Dolby Atmos mix], you know, that's meant for screenings, so was a little bit more traditional. But with how people are listening to Atmos today, I thought we could go a little bit more daring with this [Blu-ray audio]…the format is [typically] where you’re looking at the band, but for this Blu-ray you're standing where the singers are—so it’s nice and immersive.

Having it on Blu-ray you get the advantage of the full-quality Atmos. It's a chance to hear [the concert] full-quality in all its glory". Paul Hicks, 2022
Hmm thats what I remember hearing too, but I don't think it was ever made clear if the streaming mix was the Theatrical Mix or the other one.

I guess I'll bank on getting a second-hand copy if it turns out to be good. Who am I kidding, these all go for crazy prices once theyre done. :(

Screenshot_20230316_154939_Gmail.jpg

Woohoo!

Got my notification too! TYA Blu ray got a 4 day head start, but with my weird luck, GH Blu ray will probably arrive first 😂 but, hey it's great to have these Blu rays on the way!

No notification here yet. I ordered both Concert for George and A Space In Time (both now released and not shipped...)

I am a bit nonplussed by this.
Remarkably low volume audio, not sure how or if the menu is supposed to work. Listening in 5.1 as that's all I have. Mix strikes me as a bit diffuse.
I miss the visual.
I'll See You In My Dreams by Joe Brown is off the scale poignant.
Looking forward to Time Out Of Mind.

My post WAS about the new SDE Blu-ray disc.
I'm not talking about this thread we are in right now.
I said "As noted in the above poll thread" (which was linked above my text) "please keep the discussion in the POLL thread focused on this new Blu-Ray audio release and not any of the previous editions on DVD-V or Blu-Ray"

Back