12 new SACDs from Dutton Vocalion in January 2019

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's funny, just doing some basic maths comparing order confirmations from this time last year - it looks like DV had nearly 4000 different orders over the year? When you consider that most orders usually consist of multiple titles, I'd say that they must have sold perhaps 15,000 Quad SACD's?! And that's just from their website. I know they also sell through Amazon and eBay. Not bad going I think... :phones

interesting.. how did you arrive at the stats?

It sounds like the BeerKing has become a devotee.....I'm waiting on a small order from the last batch and Billy Paul. Was never a fan of the Misses Jones song, but Fred's gushing review of the rest of the albums has me intrigued, and they are that Philly Sound.

War Of The Gods is the real Billy Paul DV gem of the three imho, the Quad mix is amazing and sounds wonderful.

It sounds like the BeerKing has become a devotee.....I'm waiting on a small order from the last batch and Billy Paul. Was never a fan of the Misses Jones song, but Fred's gushing review of the rest of the albums has me intrigued, and they are that Philly Sound.

I am ..as I give a little cough for my bank balance..although I have yet to order the Billy Paul 360 one, I got the live Billy one instead.
Just trying to do my little bit to keep this company in the forefront of peeps minds..
They deserve all the support we can provide...imo.

I am ..as I give a little cough for my bank balance..although I have yet to order the Billy Paul 360 one, I got the live Billy one instead.
Just trying to do my little bit to keep this company in the forefront of peeps minds..
They deserve all the support we can provide...imo.

the 360/WOTG 2-fer's in a different league to the Live disc imho, in all respects; content, fidelity, surroundyness, you name it.

Ah a complex blend of quantum mechanics and geometric algebra with some adding up on fingers... :)

My order number was #47000 when I ordered the Garfunkels last year and the latest order was #51000. I just presumed the order number is relevant to sales?

On that basis they must have earned some more well earned spondoolies as my order no is 51294.

I'm very curious to listen SACD Quadraphonic Version
Dottie West (Delta Dawn and Killing Me Softly with His Song)
The mix Quad 4.0 must be wonderful !!!

Last edited:
I'm about to order a baker's dozen D/V titles myself. Just waiting until the new stuff comes in at the office, and is ready to ship. They said mid-Jan.

the latest batch of DV surround beauties (Tomita, Charlie Rich, Dottie West, Ronnie Milsap, Dr Teleny/Ettore, Henry Mancini, Ray Conniff, Percy Faith, Paul Mauriat, Arthur Fiedler) is in stock and shipping now!
some QQ-ers have them in their hot little hands already! :love:

Back