2024 SURROUND RELEASES

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some pretty big entries in week #24!

In August, Pyramid, the fifth title in the The Alan Parsons Project series of surround reissues, will hit the market, this time complete with an Atmos mix.

A month earlier, Fish will serve us the last two of his reissues, Vigil in a Wilderness of Mirrors & Internal Exile.

Less than a week from now, Djabe will release Back to Győr, another live recording with Steve Hackett, this time on DVD-V bundled with vinyl.

Quadio batch #5 was announced for an early August release.

The furthest date on the list is now occupied by Nightwish, who return to the immersive party in late September with an Atmos mix of their new album Yesterwynde.

OK, Marillion's This Strange Engine was more or less confirmed for November.

As for downloads, IAA did treat us to a 5.1 mix from Scarred Art, and Atmos mixes from Doug Lynner and also from The Libertines (with Up the Bracket, the seventh release in the Beggars Group label series).
Oh Man I'm conflicted about the Djabe/Hackett release being 2LP's and a DVD. I normally buy anything Djabe but...not sure about this one. I was hoping they would continue their recent lossless trend (Before/Live in Gyor). Ach. What happened, Attila and Tamas?

Oh Man I'm conflicted about the Djabe/Hackett release being 2LP's and a DVD. I normally buy anything Djabe but...not sure about this one. I was hoping they would continue their recent lossless trend (Before/Live in Gyor). Ach. What happened, Attila and Tamas?
Couldn't agree more 🙁
I'm not inclined to buy this release, which is a real shame as I've bought most of their releases in surround.

Some pretty big entries in week #24!

In August, Pyramid, the fifth title in the The Alan Parsons Project series of surround reissues, will hit the market, this time complete with an Atmos mix.

A month earlier, Fish will serve us the last two of his reissues, Vigil in a Wilderness of Mirrors & Internal Exile.

Less than a week from now, Djabe will release Back to Győr, another live recording with Steve Hackett, this time on DVD-V bundled with vinyl.

Quadio batch #5 was announced for an early August release.

The furthest date on the list is now occupied by Nightwish, who return to the immersive party in late September with an Atmos mix of their new album Yesterwynde.

OK, Marillion's This Strange Engine was more or less confirmed for November.

As for downloads, IAA did treat us to a 5.1 mix from Scarred Art, and Atmos mixes from Doug Lynner and also from The Libertines (with Up the Bracket, the seventh release in the Beggars Group label series).

Thanks for this, just ordered Nightwish :51QQ

Couldn't agree more 🙁
I'm not inclined to buy this release, which is a real shame as I've bought most of their releases in surround.
Love Djabe's DVD~A discs so much I even purchased back up copies from a QQ poster who was selling them at a GREAT price which included a lot of the 2 disc CD/DVD~V sets with Steve Hackett!

New album by UK prog band Pure Reason Revolution, called Coming Up To Consciousness, to be released 6 September, including a Bruce Soord surround mix:

https://www.loudersound.com/news/pu...announce-new-album-coming-up-to-consciousness
https://www.nuclearblast.com/produc...p-to-consciousness-ltd-edition-digipak-cd-dvd
The cover looked familiar then I realised I had seen this on an email from justforkicks.de just for an LP, but there were other items hidden, so link below

https://justforkicks.de/shop/progressive/17895/coming-up-to-consciousness-ltd-cd-dvd-digipak

Last edited:
So what happened in week #25?

As much as I follow @edisonbaggins' FB/YT channel Life in Surround, I missed his mention of Mark Doyle's album Out of the Past II - Incense and Peppermints, released 6/14, with an Atmos mix by Bob Clearmountain.
Then another last minute surprise was the quadraphonic reissue of Armand Schaubroeck Steals' rock opera A Lot of People Would Like To See Armand Schaubroeck...DEAD from the last Friday - thanks for the heads up, @steelydave!

Otherwise, the main news is another deluxe reissue from The Tragically Hip, this time Up to Here, announced for a November release.
And coming in early September is the new album Coming Up to Consciousness by Pure Reason Revolution, mixed by Bruce Soord.

Last time, the new live DVD from Djabe was mentioned here - please note that it's now also available as a standalone disc. Nicely done, @mandrix ;)

Finally, available for download in hi-res Atmos via IAA this time are two Guy Fletcher solo albums, Anomaly & High Roads.

Don't forget Purple Rain!

Now streaming. Blu-ray coming soon.

Edit: oops! I see that it is already listed under "rumblings". My apologies.
I never meant to cause you any sorrow.
I never meant to cause you when any pain.
I only one time wanted to see the postman
Deliver me a blu-ray audio of Purple Rain!

Last edited:
Don't forget Purple Rain!

Now streaming. Blu-ray coming soon.

Edit: oops! I see that it is already listed under "rumblings". My apologies.
I never meant to cause you any sorrow.
I never meant to cause you when any pain.
I only one time wanted to see the postman
Deliver me a blu-ray audio of Purple Rain!
It's all good. I was saving this for a later use, but no problem mentioning the Purple-Ray now.

Let's throw in Yoshimi, originally teased eons ago, but now we even have a visual via The Flaming Lips' Instagram account, too.

And a new Steven Wilson record The Overview should be out early 2025, CD pre-order went live today.

As much as I follow @edisonbaggins' FB/YT channel Life in Surround, I missed his mention of Mark Doyle's album Out of the Past II - Incense and Peppermints, released 6/14, with an Atmos mix by Bob Clearmountain.
Then another last minute surprise was the quadraphonic reissue of Armand Schaubroeck Steals' rock opera A Lot of People Would Like To See Armand Schaubroeck...DEAD from the last Friday - thanks for the heads up, @steelydave!

Otherwise, the main news is another deluxe reissue from The Tragically Hip, this time Up to Here, announced for a November release.
And coming in early September is the new album Coming Up to Consciousness by Pure Reason Revolution, mixed by Bruce Soord.

Last time, the new live DVD from Djabe was mentioned here - please note that it's now also available as a standalone disc. Nicely done, @mandrix ;)

Finally, available for download in hi-res Atmos via IAA this time are two Guy Fletcher solo albums, Anomaly & High Roads.
Wow, totally missed the MARK DOYLE new release also.
IMO definitely deserves its own thread announcement, by someone in the know, with more info!
@Guitmark

I followed that link to Mark's site, it says pre-order, yet says May 24, 2024 release. So......what gives?
1719234519751.png

The official release date was indeed 6/14, and here's @edisonbaggins' copy:
1719234298478.png

Back