24/192 Stereo DVD-Audio problem/Question

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Someone sent me a stereo reel of a classic album, so I decided to create a HiRez DVD-Audio of the reel for him. I did a tiny bit of NR, it sounded quite nice, whipped it up in Chrome as a large stereo 24/192 wav file, added the track points and sent it off. I spot listened to the first couple of tunes, it seemed fine and that was that.

I received an email from him stating that about half way through the disc, the audio playback turned into a screaching howl-tone that contunued through the remainder of the disc.

Since I did not make a disc for myself, I burned another using the same Chrome file, and when I played it back, sure enough, the later tracks all squealed!

What's up with that?

On a hunch, I went back, MLP'd the stereo file, then recreated the DVD-A, and now there were no problems (at least on my side - I haven't heard back from him yet)

Anyone have any idea's on what might have happened?

Neil?

If you just put the whole album in Chrome in one long Wav file, perhaps that does not work and it needs to go through MLP encoding. I have imported a whole Stereo album for SQ streams, but the songs each had their own WAV files.

What size was the WAV file?
I bet the squealing started at the point where it hits 2Gb.
Solution? MLP or AIFF (I think AIFF works, will have to check).

Back