3 New SACDs from Dutton Vocalion (October 2017)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Cecil Holmes Soulful Sounds - The Black Motion Picture Experience & Music for Soulful Lovers Quad SACD

Deodato - Prelude & Deodato 2 Quad SACD

They will be mine!!!!!!

Thank you Dutton-Vocalion

:cool:

Regards,

The Cecil Holmes Soulful Sounds - The Black Motion Picture Experience & Music for Soulful Lovers Quad SACD
Deodato - Prelude & Deodato 2 Quad SACD

So they went with the Cecil Holmes albums.
Excellent. Those are really good in Surround Sound.

I wonder if the three Surround SACDs now showing as pre-orders will be the October release.
Or if there might be more?

I profess ignorance regarding Cecil Holmes but this QUAD two~fer surely looks tempting: https://www.duttonvocalion.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=CDSML8531

Via [I'm assuming] steelydave's extremely informative background bio regarding Mr. Holmes, he certainly has a very impressive résumé.

I'm IN.

Cecil Holmes was a record executive at Casablanca Records (Donna Summer's label).
The two albums are easy listening releases that were on Q8 and Quad Reel in the '70s.

Both were on my Vocalion Surround SACD request list.
Great sonics and surround sound.

Should be a winner!

Cecil Holmes was a record executive at Casablanca Records (Donna Summer's label).
The two albums are easy listening releases that were on Q8 and Quad Reel in the '70s.

Should be a winner!

I, for one, am JACKED by both the Deodato release and now this.

Brian, how far behind can 'Gil Evans plays the Music of Jimi Hendrix' be?

So they went with the Cecil Holmes albums.
Excellent. Those are really good in Surround Sound.

I wonder if the three Surround SACDs now showing as pre-orders will be the October release.
Or if there might be more?

Is it three now announced, or is it two SACDs total? Not trying be be nit-picky, but what is the third? The stereo only Dave Valentin reissue? Ok. I found it.

Should be a winner!

Not familar with the Cecil Holmes quad's, is there singing on this as well or is it just music?
At work so no access to youtube etc so can't sample any music.

All three pre-ordered!

I can't wait for the Deodato. Hope it won't be too long...

I have a sickness...and it can only be cured by more cowbell.....

I mean, more Vocalion Quad SACD's.....
Just placed an order.

CDLK4597 Danny Davis & The Nashville Brass - Travelin' & Caribbean Cruise [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel] £10.99 1 £10.99

CDLK4595 Hugo Montenegro - Love Theme from The Godfather & Music from A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel] £10.99 1 £10.99

CDSML8518 Hugo Montenegro - Others By Brothers & Scenes and Themes [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel] £10.99 1 £10.99

CDSML8532 Deodato - Prelude & Deodato 2 [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]PRE-ORDER £10.99 1 £10.99

CDSML8531 The Cecil Holmes Soulful Sounds - The Black Motion Picture Experience & Music for Soulful Lovers [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]PRE-ORDER £10.99 1 £10.99

Just placed an order.

CDLK4597 Danny Davis & The Nashville Brass - Travelin' & Caribbean Cruise [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel] £10.99 1 £10.99

CDLK4595 Hugo Montenegro - Love Theme from The Godfather & Music from A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel] £10.99 1 £10.99

CDSML8518 Hugo Montenegro - Others By Brothers & Scenes and Themes [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel] £10.99 1 £10.99

CDSML8532 Deodato - Prelude & Deodato 2 [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]PRE-ORDER £10.99 1 £10.99

CDSML8531 The Cecil Holmes Soulful Sounds - The Black Motion Picture Experience & Music for Soulful Lovers [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]PRE-ORDER £10.99 1 £10.99

What else it NEW, Gene? Between all those elaborate boxsets you're buying, like myself, YOU'RE GONNA NEED A BIGGER HOUSE!

But at those prices, especially for the Quad two~fers, D~V is making us all offers we can't refuse [Godfather theme chiming in the background]:music

Nice choices! I just ordered a bit of old and new (to DV) myself. Hard to pass up this bargain.

Pure Prairie League - Two Lane Highway & If the Shoe Fits
Return to Forever - Musicmagic
Deodato - Prelude & Deodato 2
The Cecil Holmes Soulful Sounds - The Black Motion Picture & Music for Soulful Lovers

I'm anxious to hear Shaft in surround. As a kid, the Shaft album impressed!

Just placed an order.

Nice choices! I just ordered a bit of old and new (to DV) myself. Hard to pass up this bargain.

Pure Prairie League - Two Lane Highway & If the Shoe Fits
Return to Forever - Musicmagic
Deodato - Prelude & Deodato 2
The Cecil Holmes Soulful Sounds - The Black Motion Picture & Music for Soulful Lovers

I'm anxious to hear Shaft in surround. As a kid, the Shaft album impressed!

Wait till you hear Pure Prairie League......it's wonderful country rock. A real gem....

Back