A Bad Think - Short Street (Atmos) out now.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just as a heads-up for anyone on the fence about the download, I know for certain that there will not be a physical release this time around (sales of the last three titles simply didn't warrant it). Plus, as of this moment I'm not seeing the Atmos mix on Apple Music or Tidal...

Just as a heads-up for anyone on the fence about the download, I know for certain that there will not be a physical release this time around (the sales of the last three titles simply didn't warrant it). Plus, as of this moment I'm not seeing the Atmos mix on Apple Music or Tidal...
That will be a shame for many.
I'm not a collector of disc's and downloads are the way I most prefer.
Also at the small cost of $22.99, that pleases me to no end. LOL
But that's me and I'm probably in the minority here.

Just as a heads-up for anyone on the fence about the download, I know for certain that there will not be a physical release this time around (the sales of the last three titles simply didn't warrant it). Plus, as of this moment I'm not seeing the Atmos mix on Apple Music or Tidal...
I have no way to play these Atmos mixes, so no luck for me.:confused:

My system is 7.4.4 so that's not the problem, but I have no means to play the files once downloaded. :confused:
What media players do you have on your computer?
In Windows I use VLC to get lossless Atmos playback from the mkv files
In Linux I use Kodi for the same.

Just about any player will take the lossy mp4 files, but most will come out in something
other than Atmos.

Edit, output via HDMI to AVR.

What media players do you have on your computer?
In Windows I use VLC to get lossless Atmos playback from the mkv files
In Linux I use Kodi for the same.

Just about any player will take the lossy mp4 files, but most will come out in something
other than Atmos.

Edit, output via HDMI to AVR.
I do not, and will not, have a computer in my music room. So that's not an option. Downloaded a test file to a USB stick and tried to play it from my Oppo 105, but no luck, only stereo. :confused:
I will stick to discs and streaming.;)

I do not, and will not, have a computer in my music room.
Well, it needn't be IN the room, just have a HDMI cable feeding the AVR
Otherwise I may be out of options to help you.
But there are many guys here a lot smarter than me.
@HomerJAU (Gary) might have an idea or two?

Is an Oppo 105 even capable of passing a Atmos file over HDMI cable?

I use an External usb hard disk through my OPPO 203. To play The Lifelike Atmos files I have to go to Movies folder in The OPPO and it plays this in LPCM 7.1. In music folder doesn’t appear the Atmos files

Do you not use the Oppo media app to control playback from music stored on the hard drive, this shows all files you have stored there and you don’t need a tv or monitor on.

Just tried a USB stick in front usb port of Oppo 105, HDMI output on Oppo set to bitstream and my Anthem AVM70 immediately recognised Atmos track and played it without problem.

Sorry if I'm on the wrong track here but...

Olgitnorm - exactly what file type/format are you using here for the atmos files on your usb stick? :) I'm wondering if in this there may be a solution for petzon57's issue.

On my end, I get the download from immersiveaudioalbum.com in mkv* format and then use @HomerJAU's MusicMediaHelper to convert the mkv* to m4a. The m4a files seem more compatible with stuff on my end. But I'm running different tech.

(* Edit - error on my end)

Last edited:
don’t actually use usb stick normally as have it all on hard drive so just quickly put a MKV Atmos file onto one to try it.

I assume it will be there (at IAA) for download and we dont need to hurry up as with SDE series Blu-Rays to avoid losing it.

The download is completely OK for me, as I have always to rip necessarily the purchased physical discs in my optical reader in the PC. Not using the PC for playback.

I use an External usb hard disk through my OPPO 203. To play The Lifelike Atmos files I have to go to Movies folder in The OPPO and it plays this in LPCM 7.1. In music folder doesn’t appear the Atmos files
WIth the Oppo you have to navigate through "video" (not through "music") to find and play Atmos music in 'video' format file like MKV or MP4 (with DD+). M4A files (with Atmos DD+) are not played by the Oppo.

It is also possible, and normally easier, to use other Media Players such as Dune, Zidoo, etc, when not using PC for playback. This way, No System/Networks skills needed as the ones dealing with PC networks, NAS, media utilities like MMH, PC players, Kodi, etc.

Just tried a USB stick in front usb port of Oppo 105, HDMI output on Oppo set to bitstream and my Anthem AVM70 immediately recognised Atmos track and played it without problem.
Have you tried to download the Atmos test file from IAA and play it on the Oppo?

Back