A Bad Think - Short Street (Atmos) out now.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On my end, I get the download from immersiveaudioalbum.com in mp4 format and then use @HomerJAU's MusicMediaHelper to convert the mp4 to m4a.
You do realize the mp4 files are highly compressed and compromised in sound quality when compared to the mkv files?
Just sayin ---

Have you tried to download the Atmos test file from IAA and play it on the Oppo?
Well really don’t know what’s happening, downloaded IAA test file and it played on my 10 year old laptop but when I tried it on the Oppo it wouldn’t play and stated file not supported but I tried two other mp4 dolby Atmos test files which admitedly are both smaller mp4 files and they played just fine. would suggest that if you purchase from IAA and use the MKV file as opposed to the mp4 offering you will be fine. I have purchased from them in the past albeit 5.1 files and they play fine on the Oppo. Maybe sjcorne might provide some insight as to what’s happening?

I jailbroke my Oppo so I could play .iso files mainly, but I just don't remember about Oppo's and MP4 or M4A files. If time permits today I will try to play them using the Network function if for no other reason than to refresh my memory. I know the Oppo sees/plays MKV files as video so they are no problem but the other two...well we'll see.

I jailbroke my Oppo so I could play .iso files mainly, but I just don't remember about Oppo's and MP4 or M4A files. If time permits today I will try to play them using the Network function if for no other reason than to refresh my memory. I know the Oppo sees/plays MKV files as video so they are no problem but the other two...well we'll see.
Jailbreaked Oppo can play MP4 files, using the Network function, navigating via 'Video' Option

Oppo CANNOT play M4A files, either from 'music' option, neither from 'video' option.

You can just RENAME the file extension M4A to MP4 and the file will play on Oppo.

Jailbreaked Oppo can play MP4 files, using the Network function, navigating via 'Video' Option

Oppo CANNOT play M4A files, either from 'music' option, neither from 'video' option.

You can just RENAME the file extension M4A to MP4 and the file will play on Oppo.
Sounds about right. Unfortunately I'm having video problems with the Oppo at the moment. Might be time to send off to Cali for repairs, IDK. I can't get even the menu to show up but intermittently and can get no sound. :cry:
Thanks @AYanguas

Well if it turns out it needs repairing, I've found them pretty reasonable on costs, plus free shipping back home.
I sent my oldest Oppo to them once and they turned it around and shipped back the same day.
We'll see. Too much money spent on music this year to buy another player, and I do value the Oppo 103 for it's SACD ripping capabilities, even if seldom used these days.

Don't throw any more money at it.
Give it a respectful funeral and pick up a new Sony X800M2 before they're
gone and the price skyrockets on them too. JMHO ;)
I have a Oppo 105 for MC music and a Sony X800M2 for movies from BD and UHD discs, and as a backup for the 105. It's both both good players for their intended use. :)

I'm not much of a movie watcher, myself, and actually I don't use the Oppo all that much.
Long as the 103 keeps kicking, it'll do fine for me.
Buying music this year, I've sort of went over budget, and TWF is always there. So once I figured out the problems I canceled the Sony order. I would love to have it, but not right now.

I've been sorting through some playback problems which I think I've narrowed down to both the EDID settings on the AVR and to a faulty HDMI switch.
Also, I run my 4K monitor direct from the graphics card via DP cable (for GSYNC), and the audio room TV as pc hdmi > HDMI switch > AVR > hdmi to TV. With the problems I was having I switched ports on the AVR to the TV and EDID settings on the AVR and finally brought up the Oppo's menu. What a royal pain!
Of course the Oppo doesn't show up on the 4K monitor as the AVR is bypassed, although I could also run an HDMI cable from the card to the AVR to the monitor I suppose.

Well being in the 90+ degree heat outside all day yesterday didn't help my troubleshooting ability much. lol.

Yes. We are working on improving the on-site text to make that more obvious...
A couple requests.
I run Linux so I can't use the proprietary app.
Going to the /library site requires selecting each track of an album one a time, for both mkv and mp4 files individually, very slow & time consuming..
How about a "select all" link for each album? I have a bunch of albums in the library. ;)

Also how about a link to /library on the home page?
I've had to save a favorite in my bookmarks to remember where it's at.
Hard to remember at 73 LOL
TIA
Sal

Back