A couple of cheap quad hardware items on Ebay UK

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

sqdave1975

Here's a couple of classic Quad items for pocket change :-

1. A nice looking Sansui QS-1 which has it's original phono leads and "rear connections" guide. £10 at the moment.

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3001467084&category=3284" target="top">Sansui QS-1</a>

2. This one's a bit of a chuckle :D A Sony SQP-20 system.
Essentially a receiver with a turntable plonked in for good measure. Never seen one of these before. You even get the original front speakers and two SQ records! WOW !! £10.00 at the moment.

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3002498937&category=3284" target="top">Sony SQP-20</a>

Not bad. Think I might have a bid for the Sony -it's got to be worth a punt at that price! :D One for the collection. Besides -how cool would it look in the sophisticated, minimalist lounge?! Oh yes. Besides, my dog's just destroyed my poor old Rega stereo turntable, so here's an excuse for a replacement. :mad: Glass everywhere. So much for 'toughened'. It can resist everything except whippet assault. :evil:
Btw, anyone know / have any specs for that old SQP-20? I've never seen one either.

Hmmmmm..... the seller says Sony Superscope.....

Memory tells me Superscope was Marantz's budget line.

May be wrong. But, I don't think so!!!!!!!!!

Hey, I'm the guy who got the Superscope with the magenta (pink) face. Can't wait to hook it up to my QRX 7001 and get some tapes!

Yup..You are right and wrong! Superscope used Marantz to design their audio components...hence they have a lot of similarities,but Sony used Superscope to build alot of Sony designed tape recorders!! SHHEESH...:p ....Can't tell the players without a score card back then!! Ulp!! Wait a minute??!! You still can't!!?? :rollin: :rollin:

Superscope was the US distributor for Sony products for awhile. They didn't design or build anything for Sony.

Back