A happy day indeed

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Time Lord

I thought I would share my happy news. I entered a competition available in Australia if you pre-ordered the bluray of Amused to Death from JB HiFi. You had to choose your favourite Roger Waters song and why in 25 words or less. The winner gets a signed LP of the album by Roger himself. Guess what, this is what I won. A happy day indeed. The irony is I haven't had time to listen to the bluray yet, most of my listening is in the car these days sadly.

Attachments

• Roger Waters_Amused To Death_signed LP (2).jpg
    Roger Waters_Amused To Death_signed LP (2).jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 267
Congratulations Time Lord! Are you gonna frame it?

JB Hifi rules. Got me Sony TV, KEF fronts, Yamaha receiver and Sony BDP there - all of which I've inadvertently picked up at just the right time that they're end of line and incredibly cheap, leaving more money for tunes. Right on.

Congratulations Time Lord! Are you gonna frame it?

JB Hifi rules. Got me Sony TV, KEF fronts, Yamaha receiver and Sony BDP there - all of which I've inadvertently picked up at just the right time that they're end of line and incredibly cheap, leaving more money for tunes. Right on.

I will frame it for sure, I have a collection already, will have to make more room

floyd albums.jpg

Holy Kwap - that is Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice :banana: Congrats Time Lord

Daaaannnngg!!!!! Great collection...
The only "frameable" cover I have is a The Who Laserdisc "Who's Better, who's next?" signed by The Ox..., oh and a couple of U.K. LPs...

I thought I would share my happy news. I entered a competition available in Australia if you pre-ordered the bluray of Amused to Death from JB HiFi. You had to choose your favourite Roger Waters song and why in 25 words or less. The winner gets a signed LP of the album by Roger himself. Guess what, this is what I won. A happy day indeed. The irony is I haven't had time to listen to the bluray yet, most of my listening is in the car these days sadly.

What was your choice and explanation?

What was your choice and explanation?
That's a good question and I have my answer :mad:@:
It had to be in 25 words or less so I came up with a good answer for those criteria although it is not necessarily actually my favourite Roger solo piece, I think Roger would have appreciated my strategy. Bravery of being out of range and Pros and Cons Pt ? the rocking one that mentions Yoko I would prefer to listen to on repeat.

Tell us in 25 words or less “What is your favourite Roger Waters song and why?”: ‘Tide is Turning’ captures optimism out of hopeless adversity on so many levels. Indelible memory of fall of Berlin Wall.

Edwin Hawkins Singers in 4-way. Or maybe not. Sure liked the stereo 45.

it took 4 weeks to arrive but it is framed up on the wall, the gold pen signature doesn't project that well in the photo but you can see it if you look closelyamused framed.jpg

Back