ABC - The Lexicon Of Love (Steven Wilson 5.1 & Dolby Atmos remixes coming in August 2023; SDE Blu-Ray #12)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1684020813800.gif

Dear Sweet Baby Jesus…let us buy the blu-ray with no vinyl 🙏🏼

I only need one optical disc and it includes a better version, a BD. So, I welcome the Vinyl LP’s over the Compact Discs.
BOOOOOOOOO! If the CDs are mastered properly without compression [like the recent FUSE RBCD remaster] I'll take the RBCDs any day! And with Steve Wilson's involvement ..... and if done properly ..... NO CONTEST!

That’s because you have Digititis. 😂

https://digititis.digital/
It's because Perp I just spent a veritable fortune on a SOTA digital front end .......No digititis ....and NO ticks, pops nor SWISHES which I consider an affront to my delicate 👂👂👂👂

Besides, TICKS cause LYME'S disease!

Last edited:
Look, there are Vinyl lovers and Digital/ multichannel lovers! For goodness sake don’t deny the digital lovers the opportunity in owning their own copy of this classic album. Steven Wilson knows this and should make it known what consumers will like…wow, an instrumental mix of this album will be awesome! Here’s hoping some common sense 🤞🎶🎸😎

Look, there are Vinyl lovers and Digital/ multichannel lovers! For goodness sake don’t deny the digital lovers the opportunity in owning their own copy of this classic album. Steven Wilson knows this and should make it known what consumers will like…wow, an instrumental mix of this album will be awesome! Here’s hoping some common sense 🤞🎶🎸😎
Steven himself is a vinyl guy, in addition to being a surround/immersive mixer/enjoyer. I imagine he would/will actually be quite happy with this 4 LP/Blu-ray configuration. Nevertheless, he's usually very good about getting his own music out there in as many different formats and packages as possible, though I doubt he has much influence over the band or label in how they decide to release his remixes.

Perhaps we should direct positive encouragement for a digital-only physical release toward the band/band members on social media? If their fans are saying they want it, they might just lobby the label to make it happen.

If this is the only way to purchase it, I will purchase it. But it annoys me as well. Four LPs?! That is eight sides of quality control scariness that I don’t want to deal with. They won’t get played if everything that is on the LPs is also on the Blu-ray disc. That makes me buying a Blu-day disc for $121 or so…. Now that I have thought through this, I am not so sure I will purchase it.

Back