Alan Parsons Project - The Turn of a Friendly Card (Box Set in Feb 2023, standalone Blu-Ray in May)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The British pound has been getting stronger to the USD since its recent low in late September ( almost par then)
The Burning Shed price is one of the best so far IINM for about $80 US. I like BS, but think I’ll hold out a little longer to see what other’s pricing brings. I’ve got a funny feeling we may not see a stand alone BD.

The British pound has been getting stronger to the USD since its recent low in late September ( almost par then)
The Burning Shed price is one of the best so far IINM for about $80 US. I like BS, but think I’ll hold out a little longer to see what other’s pricing brings. I’ve got a funny feeling we may not see a stand alone BD.
I agree with you that this as a stand alone BD may not happen.
As far as where to get this. Based on many past releases, it seems like importcds or Amazon is usually the cheapest. I'll wait to see...
But regardless, a boxed set or BD; I'm in on this one.

Last edited:
CORRECT me if I'm wrong, but ALL previous APP BD~As had stand alone releases! I have them all and don't recall ever purchasing an entire box set just for the BD~A!
Yes, the others had stand alone Blu Rays. So far no news about TOAFC stand alone blu ray. Hopefully, it will appear but I am too anxious to wait. 😬

Holding out for a single blu-ray disc release.....or until the price drops on the box set (but it seems like a good deal for those that want the box set).
Me to my friend! Lets hope there's eventually a stand alone BD or that this boxed set follows a similar path like 'Cahoots' by The Band.
That one dropped way down from original price. I got it @$45.09. Seems there may have been a large production pressing of these.
I'd be very surprised if this Parsons boxed set did that.

Me to my friend! Lets hope there's eventually a stand alone BD or that this boxed set follows a similar path like 'Cahoots' by The Band.
That one dropped way down from original price. I got it @$45.09. Seems there may have been a large production pressing of these.
I'd be very surprised if this Parsons boxed set did that.
the ONLY snag might be the LIMITED EDITION status of TOAFC .......Cahoots was a UMG release but Esoteric is NOT Universal

Turn Of A Friendly Card - Limited Edition [Import]

Then Eve was left out of remixes.
No…my fault…Eve would be next then…and Pyramid….
Pyramid, yeah that's the one I want the most.

As far as TOAFC goes, I'm waiting for a better price. More than anything, I just want a a stand alone bluray. The past releases have been bargains. They could double the price and I'd still just want a stand alone bluray. In fact, I might pay more for the bluray than the silly box.

Last edited:
Pyramid, yeah that's the one I want the most.

As far as TOAFC goes, I'm waiting for a better price. More than anything, I just want a a stand alone bluray. The past releases have been bargains. They could double the price and I'd still just want a stand alone bluray. In fact, I might pay more for the bluray than the silly box.
Risklogic, You & I are completely on the same page here. Are we brothers🤔? .or maybe get brothers in arms!
These box sets..... I've a few & only play the surround disc. I have never played or got into any of the other stuff.
It may be all good & well for others, fine, but it's of no interest to me.

...and yes, Pyramid is Definitely the one I hope gets a surround release over all the rest.

As much as I want the TOAFC 5.1 blu-ray, I just can't support paying anywhere from $86 - $115 dollars for a mostly useless (to me) box set to get it. Really, how many times do you think you will thumb through the enclosed book or listen to the 32 rough mixes, single edits, alternates etc. when you have the 5.1 mix and/or hi-res stereo on blu-ray to listen to? I'm sure there are a some fans who will gorge on that, but I just don't love the album enough to swallow the other stuff I don't want. In the past Alan Parsons has indicated an understanding that many if not most fans are just interested in the main album in 5.1 and hi-res stereo and was willing to work with the record company to accommodate them with a standalone blu-ray. Hopefully that will happen again and I'm willing to wait another year or so if that's what it takes.

I just want the music. Just let me download the surround for a reasonable price and I will be happy. No streaming.
I think that is less likely than a stand alone blu ray I’m afraid.
Maybe, but I'm not sure I understand why.
If the artist/label can sell me the download at a reasonable cost while saving the money of manufacturing the disc and
all the rest of the costs involved, why not? A few of the others
out there are doing it. If desired they can also include a scan
of the booklet or any other artwork included for a minimal cost.

Maybe, but I'm not sure I understand why.
If the artist/label can sell me the download at a reasonable cost while saving the money of manufacturing the disc and
all the rest of the costs involved, why not? A few of the others
out there are doing it. If desired they can also include a scan
of the booklet or any other artwork included for a minimal cost.
The cynic in me would say, they might still provide a stand alone blu ray and or download/stream but only after the early adopters have purchased the box set.
What puzzles me about the marketing of these box sets is why they would think us oldies (let’s face it, most of these re-releases are aimed at us) want a poster or sticker. I might have wanted these items in my late teens or early twenties but I’m in my sixties! I like the book and the multi channel disc but I really don’t need or want the rest.

Risklogic, You & I are completely on the same page here. Are we brothers🤔? .or maybe get brothers in arms!
These box sets..... I've a few & only play the surround disc. I have never played or got into any of the other stuff.
It may be all good & well for others, fine, but it's of no interest to me.

...and yes, Pyramid is Definitely the one I hope gets a surround release over all the rest.
Count me as a third brother!

Back