Albert Lee in surround sound

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetjohnson

...Just seen this article from Stereophile about the great English guitar player Albert Lee - sounds very interesting to say the least ...be interesting to see which one of our Quad people get's to hear it first!

.....Lee has now dipped a toe in audiophile waters with the release of Tearing It Up, a recording on Blu-ray disc that contains multiple surround-sound mixes. For the new album, Lee partnered with Dr. Mark Waldrep, an engineer and producer who is a great believer in surround sound, no fan of vinyl, and the owner of a small audio/visual label, AIX Records. Tearing It Up was recorded in 5.1 channels and filmed in high definition in 2006 in Zipper Auditorium, at the Colburn School for the Arts, in downtown L.A. Along with a 3D Blu-ray disc of country singer Mark Chesnutt, Tearing It Up is one of the two latest examples of Waldrep's continuing crusade for surround sound.

"What I'm doing is having a private concert," Waldrep says from his office in L.A. "I didn't have to buy an expensive ticket. I didn't have to truck east of the 405 freeway at eight o'clock at night. It's wonderful to have HD video, and at the end of the day you get to sit there in a dark room and with a nice surround-sound system—which is obviously my preference in a big way—and create an audio experience you can't do with vinyl or CDs."

Peter Johnson
Durham UK

http://www.stereophile.com/content/center-stage-guitarist-albert-lee-surround-sound

I swear he on another aix disc also. This has to be outstanding, this guy has no peers.

I've had this one for a couple months now. A blend of styles, I can hear, Rock-a-billy, Blues, Country, Jazz, Bluegrass, a little something for everyone. The sound quality and mixes are equally great. I would expect nothing less from AIX. There is a "Stage mix", and "Audience Mix" both on Dolby TrueHD along with 96/24 Stereo. 100 minutes w/40 minutes of bonus video. If you have heard Albert Lee on the "Crossroads 2010" disc, you know what his musical style is all about. Nice camera work and intimate studio performance by one of the great guitarist of our time. Very nice!

http://www.amazon.com/Albert-Lee-Te...TF8&qid=1353094371&sr=8-1&keywords=Albert+Lee

Back