INXS - "Kick" (30th anniversary edition with Dolby Atmos mix coming soon!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Five minutes ago I ran it through MakeMKV after I read your post and they were off playing the MKV. Same as when I did it origionally. That is when I went to plan B and created a cue file thanks to MrSmithers.

Listening to the MKV tracks on multiple players and skipping to next track you get the end of previous track. All is fixed now with new timings.

edit...I should have said skipping to next chapter...
It very well could be some misunderstood misstep by me, I do intend to look into this a little further for a couple of reasons.

So I'll go back and start fresh again and document my steps carefully for the rip process.

But there's another reason I want to do this. Last night I was playing some of my ripped files (flac 5.1 from my oppo 205 analog out to my Marantz receiver) and was also comparing the song "The Devil Inside" to the version on their "I'm Only Looking - The Best Of" DVD.
The difference in sound was startling, one, it seemed like the BD flacs were very clean sounding as you'd expect, but also very vanilla and gutless, like a totally different song origin. The DVD version had a very visceral more hard edged rock sound to it, but not as clean. So I'll start by playing the BD version from the actual disc to hear how that sounds; and compare that to my flac rip. I hope I'm not missing some of that crunch guitar edge from the down mixed and ripped Atmos version. Yeah, I understand Atmos does not rip to flac, but the TrueHD Surround 7.1 down mix should retain all the elements in the music, should it not?

I need answers people 🧐

It very well could be some misunderstood misstep by me, I do intend to look into this a little further for a couple of reasons.

So I'll go back and start fresh again and document my steps carefully for the rip process.

But there's another reason I want to do this. Last night I was playing some of my ripped files (flac 5.1 from my oppo 205 analog out to my Marantz receiver) and was also comparing the song "The Devil Inside" to the version on their "I'm Only Looking - The Best Of" DVD.
The difference in sound was startling, one, it seemed like the BD flacs were very clean sounding as you'd expect, but also very vanilla and gutless, like a totally different song origin. The DVD version had a very visceral more hard edged rock sound to it, but not as clean. So I'll start by playing the BD version from the actual disc to hear how that sounds; and compare that to my flac rip. I hope I'm not missing some of that crunch guitar edge from the down mixed and ripped Atmos version. Yeah, I understand Atmos does not rip to flac, but the TrueHD Surround 7.1 down mix should retain all the elements in the music, should it not?

I need answers people 🧐

The DVD is a different mix, no? You can't use two different mixes and come to a conclusion something is wrong with the downmix process, can you?

The DVD is a different mix, no? You can't use two different mixes and come to a conclusion something is wrong with the downmix process, can you?
That's right, but I just want to verify the difference mainly in the actual disc to the rip.
The DVD comparison, just made me think that I could be missing elements from the way it was ripped, and the inability to take advantage of the actual Atmos mix.
But regardless, the BD mix sounded wimpy and gutted!

And IIRC (as another side note) that DVD was a bitch to rip also with all the little in-between song banter that needed to be omitted.

Back