Amazon Music - Dolby Atmos music not just for Echo Studio!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I purchased a Fire Stick 4K Max after hearing it now supports Atmos content over Amazon Music, but after completing the setup I have yet to get the app to display the option of playing Atmos content. I saw a screenshot that the most recent version of Amazon Muisc is 3.4, but mine isn't showing an update available and is still at 3.3.

Any Firestick users out there who might know how I get it to update? Thanks

So I purchased a Fire Stick 4K Max
Sounds crazy but I don't think the "max" version is supported. If memory serves, only the original 4K stick, and the Cube 3rd gen, work.

So I purchased a Fire Stick 4K Max after hearing it now supports Atmos content over Amazon Music, but after completing the setup I have yet to get the app to display the option of playing Atmos content. I saw a screenshot that the most recent version of Amazon Muisc is 3.4, but mine isn't showing an update available and is still at 3.3.

Any Firestick users out there who might know how I get it to update? Thanks
I've got a Fire TV Stick 4K Max and it works OK for Amazon Music in Dolby Atmos

App version is now 3.4.856.0 Make sure Fire TV stick settings Audio are set to "better available' or something like this, and that your AVR is configured for Atmos.

I remember that it was after several updates and Fire TV reboot times that I get the App settings appear to enable both Ultra HD Music and Spatial Music.

Sometimes I have to manually select Dolby Atmos in the AVR Sound Options.

I've got a Fire TV Stick 4K Max and it works OK for Amazon Music in Dolby Atmos

App version is now 3.4.856.0 Make sure Fire TV stick settings Audio are set to "better available' or something like this, and that your AVR is configured for Atmos.

I remember that it was after several updates and Fire TV reboot times that I get the App settings appear to enable both Ultra HD Music and Spatial Music.

Sometimes I have to manually select Dolby Atmos in the AVR Sound Options.
So oddly enough after I posted my message I checked again a few hours later and now the Spatial audio setting in Amazon Music magically appeared (despite still being the same version of the app). đŸ€·đŸ»â€â™‚ïž

I turned that on and now everything seems to be working great, atmos is now playing when available. First time I've had so much surround content readily available via streaming. 😁

Im thinking about getting into streaming of amazon music to hear the atmos mixes of albums. The Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Max is on sale here for $60. If i plug this into my onkyo receiver or tv, will i get Atmos mixes via amazon music?
As my receiver isnt Atmos compatible im hoping to hear down mixed atmos to 5.1

As my receiver isnt Atmos compatible im hoping to hear down mixed atmos to 5.1
Apple Music and an Apple TV 4K is what you need to output 5.1 from streaming Atmos mixes. Sadly, Amazon and Tidal Music both require a "HDMI handshake" which requires an Atmos capable receiver.

Hi.

I just joined Amazon Music Unlimited to try just that. I have a firestick 4K plugged into the HDMI input of my receiver. However, it's an old one, not supporting atmos. I was hoping for a transcoding down to simple DD 5.1, or surround via PCM.
However, all I can get is stereo in both modes.
When I run the Firestick diagnostics, I do get DD 5.1, but never in the Music app.

Had anyone had any success with what I'm trying to do? I heard a similar thing should be possible with Apple music.

Thanks.

Hi.

I just joined Amazon Music Unlimited to try just that. I have a firestick 4K plugged into the HDMI input of my receiver. However, it's an old one, not supporting atmos. I was hoping for a transcoding down to simple DD 5.1, or surround via PCM.
When I run the Firestick diagnostics, I do get DD 5.1, but never in the Music app.

Had anyone had any success with what I'm trying to do? I heard a similar thing should be possible with Apple music.

Thanks.
I think the posts just above yours asked the same thing and it was determined you have to have an Atmos compatible receiver for Amazon Music.

Hi.

Thanks.
This will work in 5.1 with Apple Music but only using an Apple TV 4K 1st gen or higher.

Just to add my experience:
As others have stated - the Firestick doesn't offer a fold-down to 5.1. There is an AV Diagnostics app in the Firestick settings and it will tell you if your setup is Atmos capable or not.
My old Sony AVR was pre-Atmos and it would only work in stereo. I upgraded to a Denon avr-x3800h and it all worked nicely (I'd been looking for an excuse).

I had the old Firestick 4K until a couple of weeks ago and it worked fine in Atmos. It suddenly completely died and I replaced it with the 4K Max (I waited a week or two until it was available with one of Amazon's frequent discounts). It took maybe 8 firmware updates and power cycles before Atmos finally started working within the Amazon Music app. I just kept telling it to upgrade until it finally declared the firmware was up to date. The AV Diagnostics on the Firestick showed my setup as Atmos compatible from the get go - it was just the Amazon Music app that refused to play nicely until the final update.

I recommend turning on the streaming information in the app to confirm whether a track is *actually* being streamed in Atmos.

But it's all working again now.

I just took a 4 month free offer on amazon music unlimited, working great on my fire stick 4k. Listening to Toto IV in surround, found my first problem though “Bon jovi - Slippery when wet” says atmos but it’s only in 5.1, other atmos tracks I randomly tried seem fine

Back