April Sound & Vision!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
This one is a must read for Surround fans.

There is a great article/interview with Nathaniel Kunel, who has created surround mixes of artists from James Taylor to Insane Clown Posse!, and a piece about remixing Led Zepplin for DVD-A and DVD-V.

There's a review of T-Rex's DVD-A

In Random Play, there is a large portion devoted to surround sound, including details of Elton John listening to the GBYBR SA-CD the first time (he liked it), news about Madman Across the Water and Hanky Chateau, Elliot Scheiner on the Layla SA-CD, and more.

There is a great quote there: "I heard mono with my ears, stereo with my heart -- but I heard Surround with my soul."

Add to that a reveiw of the Marantz universal player DV6400 and a LOT on HDTV.

This one is worth checking out! (y)

Yes, Elliot has just finished the remixing of 'Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs', and it says to look for it this spring. The article goes on to state Sony's' commitment to the to the format (surround), and that all five major music groups are test marketing the dual disc hybrid-one side CD, and the flip DVD and Dvd-A.

I also was pleased to see that according to Greg Penny, the guy who did that great GBYBR mix, that Elton John "just loved it", and he called up Bernie Taupin and said, 'You've gotta hear this'. In the same vain, it spoke of the upcoming EJ releases of 'Madman' and 'Honky Chateau'.

Back