BecauseDVDAudioDoesntMatter.com?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do believe that the Alice Cooper album that was previously released on DVD-A was "Welcome to my Nightmare" not "Billion Dollar Babies". WTMN is a far superior album anyway. BBB was released in CD-4, however, as well as "Muscle of Love". And I seem to recall that "School's Out" was also released on CD-4 quadradisc, though I'm not sure.

The Quadfather

P.S. What I would love to hear is "Killer" and "Love it to Death" in DVD-Audio surround.

Both BDB and WTMN are on my DVD-A shelf. Would love to hear all this catalog in high resolution. I wonder if Vincent F has the clout?

BDB DVD-A gets played 10-1 over WTMN around here. Muscle Of Love DTS quad is certainly good fun as well.

School's Out never made it to quad. FWIW, Good To See You Again, Alice Cooper DVD has killer 5.1 concert footage including an amazing version of My Stars from that album. (buy the DVD and skip past the "story" for the concert segments)

I do believe that the Alice Cooper album that was previously released on DVD-A was "Welcome to my Nightmare" not "Billion Dollar Babies".

I believe that both were released as DVD-As.

Great list, Timbre4. Personally I would like to have Kamakiriad as I haven't found one at a reasonable price yet, but your list probably presents the best prospects to prove that reissuing OP DVD-A titles is financially viable -- if in fact it is.

Haven't been back to BSM in a while... maybe I'll go check in now.

Mark Z

Thanks, had to start with something.

I'm afraid there's nothing new at BSM and the whole process is moving much slower than anticipated. They put some existing DVD-A titles up to save some face but that's about it for now.

Maybe the state of the music industry can be read into the by letters that RIAA sent to large univerisies around the country, including the University of Florida here in Gainesville just before fall semester started warning of lawsuits if caught downloading music on the campus computers.

RIAA allows and encourages labels to be dinosaurs; the price of this living in a bubble (sound familiar?) mentality comes as (again) reducing artist royalties, minimizing any A&R budget to grow bands into careers and forget decent promotion. Gotta love show business.

Labels seem content to watch Apple, Microsoft, video games DVDs and other distractions chip away at their now former kingdom. There aren't confident or curious enough to take recorded music where it needs to go.

So on with the umpteenth CD re-issues and one hit wonders for the presumed short attention span of the market today.

School's Out never made it to quad. FWIW, Good To See You Again, Alice Cooper DVD has killer 5.1 concert footage including an amazing version of My Stars from that album. (buy the DVD and skip past the "story" for the concert segments)

For some reason I thought "School's Out" did make it to quad. I stand corrected. I guess I don't need to look for it on Ebay. I have questions about the Alice Cooper concert DVD.

1. Is it real surround and not just band up front crowd in rear?
2. Is there dialogue interrupting the music at any time?
3. Does it have a DTS track?
4. Is the performance generally equal to that of the studio album? Or was it "hammed up"
5. What is the title of the disc?

Thank you,

The Quadfather

Briefly:

1. Band up front but has power of modern remix; this is a really good thing
2. No interruptions; 13 songs have chapter stops so you could program it
3. No DTS track
4. The performances are faithful to the originals
5. Good To See You Again, Alice Cooper

Probably $14.99 on a bad day; Shout DVD 38395
UPC 826663839593

What I would love to hear is "Killer" and "Love it to Death" in DVD-Audio surround.

Hey, I smell another box set in the making. I would be up for an Alice Cooper DVD-Audio box set. Two of them are already done, and Muscle of Love was Quad; so let's have everything from the beginning to Welcome to My Nightmare in surround sound! "I'm Eighteen ..." :D Mike.

P.S. After I posted this, I sent a note to Alice Cooper asking for this very thing ...

"I am 52 years old, and I have been an Alice Cooper fan for a LONG time. I have your quad LPs and surround sound DVD-Audio disks, but I want more! How about a surround sound DVD-Audio box set of your studio releases through Welcome To My Nightmare (similar to the Doors and Talking Heads sets)? I know they would be popular, and you would make a LOT of middle-aged men feel "Eighteen" again. Cheers, Mike."

It might not hurt the have a few other guys back me up. Who knows? If the music labels won't listen, maybe the artists will.

http://www.nightswithalicecooper.com/contactus.asp

Great idea Mike. I'm in. I'd love to hear his early stuff in DVD-A 5.1 (to go with the 2 discs I already have).

I went and backed up Mike on the Alice Cooper link:

"Hello, I heard there might be a DVD-Audio 5.1 surround box set in the works! Just tell me where to send the money. LOL Tim"

Dylan,

The order link is broken on some BSM items. I sent an email on a back channel to see how it can be ordered. Will advise.

UPDATE:

There are some technical issues for now and hopefully corrected before long.

"The problem is that the links are from three seperate labels- having trouble pulling all of their sales depts. together..."

Tim

Back