At store now, need thumbs up or down on quad receiver.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Q8

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Sanyo DCX3300KA

Big unit, 4 vu meters, sq with logic.

Powers on, couple vu bulbs out, at least one of the vu's looks like its spiking, one of the rca plugs in the back is pushed in, well loved, definately a fixer upper

I'm on the fence on this, thought I would put it up to vote.

$40

Thumbs up or down?
Quick!!

I bought it. You know you guys are going to be hearing about the plight of this one. Judging by the vu meters alone (I ws unable to test audio). It looks like the left side is out, front and rear.

I bought it. You know you guys are going to be hearing about the plight of this one. Judging by the vu meters alone (I ws unable to test audio). It looks like the left side is out, front and rear.

The bad part is you never know who or what was put through it, but usually it's an easy fix, like a cap or loose connection. get a can of deoxit and go thru it. I bought two old eq's that made horrible noise in the sliders. Deoxit solved it, and my son had a sub that never did work right, the vol. was full of noise and it had to be in a certain place to work until we used this stuff-we thougt it was trash-but it now works great!

Headphone test: No sound from any channel except one, which was buzz.

I have a feeling I am going to be dropping this off with my repair guy.

leevitalone1 said:
The bad part is you never know who or what was put through it, but usually it's an easy fix, like a cap or loose connection. get a can of deoxit and go thru it. I bought two old eq's that made horrible noise in the sliders. Deoxit solved it, and my son had a sub that never did work right, the vol. was full of noise and it had to be in a certain place to work until we used this stuff-we thougt it was trash-but it now works great!

I deoxit stuff left and right. This thing is a little past cleaning to fix I think though. Pretty receiver though. I couldn't leave it alone and unloved. I'm afraid of what its been through though, someone at some point hacked the power cord short and put on a replacement plug.

I have a DCX 3450K, I got ya beat though .... three of my channels work! I haggled the eBay seller down to like $25 as he told me everything worked but upon arrival, it had several bulbs out and the aforementioned bad channel) The QS & SQ decoders on these are really weird, they give strange results when compared to my onboard Pioneer decoders. My Sanyo also has built in CD-4, which is also fairly weak. Thankfully, I plan to use it 99% for discrete stuff anyway.

Mine was found to have a bad amplifier chip, which I lucked into finding an NOS one, just haven't had the time, inclination or money to have the local tech guru give it the once over. So, be aware of that - these Sanyo's have proprietary parts that are becoming harder to find.

Q-Eight said:
I have a DCX 3450K, I got ya beat though .... three of my channels work! I haggled the eBay seller down to like $25 as he told me everything worked but upon arrival, it had several bulbs out and the aforementioned bad channel) The QS & SQ decoders on these are really weird, they give strange results when compared to my onboard Pioneer decoders. My Sanyo also has built in CD-4, which is also fairly weak. Thankfully, I plan to use it 99% for discrete stuff anyway.

Mine was found to have a bad amplifier chip, which I lucked into finding an NOS one, just haven't had the time, inclination or money to have the local tech guru give it the once over. So, be aware of that - these Sanyo's have proprietary parts that are becoming harder to find.

Aw, I was hoping that since this unit was so big and heavy, it would have a more traditional transistor type amplifiers. This could end up being a lost cause if the parts can't be found or are not worth the price. You cn tell that this unit was used heavily.

Well, my shop said that all 4 amp ICs are dead and it would need a total recap. I may part it out, not sure. I may consider sending it off to someone for the cost of shipping or trade? Message me if interested.

Back