Atmos Music Creation Webinars

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humprof

Junior Senior
QQ Supporter
This is an ongoing series. Upcoming sessions include conversations with mixing engineer Dave Way (he did Macy Gray's The Trouble With Being Myself in 5.1; not sure what he's mixed so far in Atmos, but he's all-in [that's a great video, by the way]), mixing/mastering engineer Michael Romanowski (Atmos mix for Fantastic Negrito's Have You Lost Your Mind Yet?), and mastering legend Emily Lazar.

https://professional.dolby.com/events/dolby-atmos-music-creation-series/

This is an ongoing series. Upcoming sessions include conversations with mixing engineer Dave Way (he did Macy Gray's The Trouble With Being Myself in 5.1; not sure what he's mixed so far in Atmos, but he's all-in [that's a great video, by the way]), mixing/mastering engineer Michael Romanowski (Atmos mix for Fantastic Negrito's Have You Lost Your Mind Yet?), and mastering legend Emily Lazar.

https://professional.dolby.com/events/dolby-atmos-music-creation-series/
Watched the video, and yes the wild west early years sandbox is open.

With so many mixing choices available now it would seem it would take longer to mix a large band. It also brings to mind something I've thought about, in how we hear music at home and what's appropriate to the type of music and how do the musicians want to hear the final product of their artistic work. Ultimately is the final mix supposed to represent a totally different fabrication of anything resembling a live performance (and where that perspective is from- on stage drummer; audience straight in front etc.) It just goes to further support what I believe, in that what we hear at home is more of a fantasy mix from whatever you'd hear from a band live, which in most instances will be more of a loud mono experience.

Back