Beatles 1/5.1 DTS Surround on ELS system

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CPR

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Before I purchase this CD/Blu-Ray, does anyone know, if the DTS Blu-Ray,/The Beatles/1, will play on the Acura ELS system?
I would think not, due to the fact that other Blu-Ray's have failed to play in my car
Thx!

Blu-Ray, DVD-A, and DVD-V do not play on that system. Only DTS-CDs.

However, you can easily create DTS-CDs from those other type of discs using a computer program called “DVD-Audio Extractor”.

Also, that Beatles release isn’t much of a surround mix...

It depends on the year of the ELS system. DVD-A's will play on the original systems, the second version with a disc player only played DTS-CDs.
It's best to verify what year/model ELS system you have by checking your User Manual to see if DVD-Audio is mentioned or not.

• ELS Surround was the first generation system that supported DVD-A and DTS CDs. [2004-2014*]
  • ELS Studio was next generation which did not support DVD-A but did support DTS encoded CDs [2014*-2018+]
  • ELS Studio 3D is the current generation which will evolve to support more high definition digital file formats. This system does not include a disc player. [2019- ]
* - Type of system date change varies by model​

Either way, Beatles 1 is neither. It's a DVD and it will not play in any Acura ELS system without being converted, and honestly, it's probably not worth the time to convert it.

POS release IMO.
Rivals Pepper in the missed opportunity department.
is there a negative 1 I could vote for this waste of money?

POS release IMO.
Rivals Pepper in the missed opportunity department.
is there a negative 1 I could vote for this waste of money?

Geez, lennon fan, why don't you tell us how you really feel. ;)

I bought it for the stereo...I didn't know I was buying for the stereo, but it became obvious when I heard the 5.1. I didn't even bother ripping the 5.1 to my hard drive except for Let It Be.

Geez, lennon fan, why don't you tell us how you really feel. ;)

I bought it for the stereo...I didn't know I was buying for the stereo, but it became obvious when I heard the 5.1. I didn't even bother ripping the 5.1 to my hard drive except for Let It Be.
Free as a Bird is alright too, isn't it? I played the thing once when I got it and haven't played it again. I think I'm afraid to.

Free as a Bird is alright too, isn't it? I played the thing once when I got it and haven't played it again. I think I'm afraid to.

Yes, Free As A Bird, Real Love and Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows are "real" 5.1 mixes...perhaps a few others. Let It Be is a real 5.1 mix, but you have to crank the surrounds up about 6dB for it to be effective...Doing so allows the backing vocals to present nicely in the surrounds. Lady Madonna and Paperback Writer sound pretty good too, but you could probably get the same or better using something like Surround Master. I know I didn't rip those two 5.1 tracks because the stereo sounds just as good upfaked into 7.1.

Back