Beatles on DVD-A

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deepsky4565

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
Here is a quote from the August '02 Record Collector, via Beatles News Briefs abbeyrd.best.vwh.net/fabnews.htm

"A huge digital overhaul of the Beatles' back catalogue is reported in the offing, with a new VHS and DVD Video of 'Let It Be', an as-natured-intended version of 'Get Back' - before it became 'Let It Be' - and fresh Surround Sound editions of other Beatles classics. EMI is preparing Surround Sound editions of most of the Fab Four's back catalogue, although details about future releases on CD or DVD Audio haven't been finalized. This should commence in 2003, with deluxe versions of 'Please Please Me' and 'With The Beatles' possibilities for 30th anniversary reissues."

I loved the surround sound on Yellow Submarine, and I hope we get a lot more.

This is the best news!!!!
:rollin:

Yes, there has been a major discussion about this at the Steve Hoffman board. Boy, those guys sure hate surround sound.

They need to think outside the envelope.

:-jon

I know what you mean! I was going to comment on on the SH forum how cool it would be to see multi-channel versions of (at least) the later Beatles albums, but as soon as Steve chimed in with his negative comment, with his lemmings quickly in tow, I decided to keep my enthusiasm to myself. :p

In any event, this is very cool news! I'm anxious to see how this develops!

I really don't understand his negative fellings towards surround, with dvd=a it would be stereo and surround , your choice.?Go figure!?

I've been meaning to post this for the past week, so with the start of this thread, seems like a good time for it. For those that are interested, I'm also hearing that the Anthology dvd set (Nov 5th is the release date I'm hearing) will also be released as a multi dvd-a set, handled in much the same way as the recent The Band:The Last Waltz was done. The 5.1 surround mix for the dvd video set is confirmed as done. It wouldn't be to much of a job to take the mix to the next step. Obviously, this may well turn out to be rumor, but I'm getting this from a number of different sources. All are unofficial of course, but great news if true.

Back