BIG Blu-Ray Audio drive from Universal Music in 2013

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's fill up your glass again:
It's Steely Dan - Pretzel Logic or Royal Scam......and they found the multitracks for AJA.
It will be one blu-ray with all three together in 5.1 192khz ;)

And instead of a standard case the Blu-ray will come in a flying pig :mad:@:!

John Lennon - Imagine

Released December 16th

No audio info as yet...

1476283_253346248149037_1545539143_n.jpg

To steal a line from the FB page, for which I take no credit, but guffawed loudly when I read it...

"Imagine no compression, it's easy if you try"

;) :51banana:

Or as Elton quipped about JL and Yoko..

"Imagine two apartments, it isn't hard to do, one's filled up with fur coats, the other's full of shoes..!"

The most encouraging thing I can say about Lennon appearing on HFPA, is this marks the first EMI artist to appear on the format.

The Beatles in Hi-Rez, anyone..?? ;)

That'd sure shift some units..!!!!

Or as Elton quipped about JL and Yoko..

"Imagine two apartments, it isn't hard to do, one's filled up with fur coats, the other's full of shoes..!"

Haha!! :) True, dat... ;)

The most encouraging thing I can say about Lennon appearing on HFPA, is this marks the first EMI artist to appear on the format.

The Beatles in Hi-Rez, anyone..?? ;)

That'd sure shift some units..!!!!

Universal have to be careful with Lennon. If they screw this one up, it's going to draw an incredible amount of unwanted attention simply because they messed with a legend. This album has plenty of dynamic range so they could get this brilliantly right like they did with Beck, or royally feck it up.

As for the Beatles, well, I wouldn't hold your breath. Again, it's dangerous ground. One can only hope things work out and planets align. 5.1 too much to ask? George and Giles did such a great job on "Love".

I can "only" get the PCM to playback in 96khz on my system.

DTS-HD-MA is 192khz.

Dolby True HD also 192khz.. though the dreaded "Dialog Normalization" rears its ugly head on HFPA again..!!! :mad:@:

So, as you can see +4db of Dial.Norm. makes the Dolby True stream super loud (bright too!?)..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 164
Mercifully.. the PCM sounds excellent! If there's any compression going on, its mild - you can crank this disc!!!

When you do, it comes to life! it's a bit tizzy in the top end but the mid and bass have a lovely analogue warmth.

I can't imagine Stones' fans will be disappointed, I don't think I've ever heard these tracks sounding better.

"Turd On The Run" has a noticeable bit of tape dropout.. similar to what I encountered on the Queen HFPA in stereo.. so, maybe, just maybe, these are the unfutzed-with tapes we're hearing on this Blu-ray..!?

Mercifully.. the PCM sounds excellent! If there's any compression going on, its mild - you can crank this disc!!!

When you do, it comes to life! it's a bit tizzy in the top end but the mid and bass have a lovely analogue warmth.

I can't imagine Stones' fans will be disappointed, I don't think I've ever heard these tracks sounding better.

"Turd On The Run" has a noticeable bit of tape dropout.. similar to what I encountered on the Queen HFPA in stereo.. so, maybe, just maybe, these are the unfutzed-with tapes we're hearing on this Blu-ray..!?

This is good to hear. So, does this make Adam's list of worthy HFPA discs increase to a quantity of four?? ;)

Great news Fred. Thanks for that reassurance. I haven't had mine yet, despite Universal apparently sending it at the beginning of the week. The post is already slowed down (amazingly) by Christmas fare at this time of year but, if it doesn't arrive today, I shall have to assume that they put attached it to a pigeon, who now can't fly due to its weight and is having to walk here.

Great news Fred. Thanks for that reassurance. I haven't had mine yet, despite Universal apparently sending it at the beginning of the week. The post is already slowed down (amazingly) by Christmas fare at this time of year but, if it doesn't arrive today, I shall have to assume that they put attached it to a pigeon, who now can't fly due to its weight and is having to walk here.

Look forward to hearing your reaction to it when it arrives. It's not going to win any prizes for best sounding HFPA but in relative terms within the limitations of the source, I reckon it's pretty daaaamned good :)

New info on the Lennon HFPA...

Rumour has it that it is 2.0 only, using the 2010 Abbey Road remaster as opposed the Yoko Ono supervised 1999 remaster.

Make of that what you will. Shame the quad mix won't make it :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back