Birdsong At Morning-A Slight Departure July 26th

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received mine today, delivery to Canada was quite painless (y) Past half ways through now, the sound quality of the BD is stunningly good in 5.1, your "safe bet" avenue taken with the mix has paid huge dividends to my ears (when Pages started, almost ran for my umbrella;)). LFE is just right, I run 2 subs at about 3/4 and haven't had to adjust, the bass really suits the music. Speaking of which, I'm enjoying the songs very much, the writing is top notch. Just a note to add, a very nice touch to add (inner booklet) the colour coded buttons of the blu ray remote for accessing the various codecs without the need of a display. Well done!

Great to hear this! BTW, Neil Wilkes spent a great deal of extra time working out the code that would enable switching between all streams in real time via the color buttons. MUCH more complicated than any of us anticipated, but worth it when I find out that folks are taking advantage of this option.

Great to hear this! BTW, Neil Wilkes spent a great deal of extra time working out the code that would enable switching between all streams in real time via the color buttons. MUCH more complicated than any of us anticipated, but worth it when I find out that folks are taking advantage of this option.

Yes, indeed. Since 2014, Neil Wilkes has perfected the art of authoring the Blu-Ray audio disc, and the colored buttons are a great way to switch between streams and playlists without having to turn on a TV to do so. Really wonderful it is! :)

I'll echo the positive comments above. I have given this one quick listen and the fidelity is excellent. Given my setup, the relatively minimal use of the center channel makes the vocals a bit of a problem (but easily adjusted on the fly). This reminds me a bit of Richard Shindell, for those of you who want musical comparisons. As noted above, the strings are placed very effectively in the surrounds. I'll need a few more listens before I know if this makes it into my regular rotation or not. In any case, I thank Alan for mixing this to 5.1 Bluray and interacting with us on QQ.

I listened to a lot of samples from this album on the band's website yesterday, and I was so impressed by what I heard that I ordered the CD/Blu-Ray set from their site this morning!
At $22 shipped to me, I think everyone else in the US should jump on buying this album to support this great band too!

:)

I listened to a lot of samples from this album on the band's website yesterday, and I was so impressed by what I heard that I ordered the CD/Blu-Ray set from their site this morning!
At $22 shipped to me, I think everyone else in the US should jump on buying this album to support this great band too!

Agreed! It's wonderful music, and yeah...I already have it and it's awesome.

I just got this in today, but I didn't have time to listen to it yet since I decided to go with the new Pineapple Thief album instead.
Hopefully I will have time to play this one later in the week!

Received this today and I love it! Great songs, fidelty and surround. Enjoyed reading about the songs, on the website, while I was listening to this wonderful album. The use of strings are great. This will be played a lot - thanks for such a great release - well done!!

Hi all,

Thanks again for the positive words - so glad that folks are enjoying the music!

I note that a poll was created for the title. It would be awesome to get some votes/ratings. (Seems a little immodest to vote for our own album...).

Thanks!

Hi all,

Thanks again for the positive words - so glad that folks are enjoying the music!

I note that a poll was created for the title. It would be awesome to get some votes/ratings. (Seems a little immodest to vote for our own album...).

Thanks!

LOVED the album, fellas and was wondering if you'd ever consider either remixing the four disc boxset Annals of My Glass House in 5.1 or release it on one Blu Ray Audio disc in 96/24 STEREO [or better] resolution?

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/birdsongatmorning

QQ Poll for BIRDSONG at MORNING: A Slight Departure: https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...ong-at-Morning-A-SLIGHT-DEPARTURE-Blu-Ray-Aud

Hi all,

Thanks!

It was my pleasure to create a poll thread for this great disc, Alan!

I will be voting and posting my own comments on it very soon. I just wanted to make sure that I got another full listen in before voting as I feel like new albums like this one particularly need a few listens before voting, but I can say for now that I am extremely impressed with this disc, and it definitely is one of my top 3 favorite new releases in surround of the year!

I still haven't purchased the 5.1 (need to get around to that), but what I've listened to I like. And the violin at the end of Devil's Stomping Ground is absolutely haunting. Very cool. I bet it sounds incredible in surround.

It was my pleasure to create a poll thread for this great disc, Alan!

I will be voting and posting my own comments on it very soon. I just wanted to make sure that I got another full listen in before voting as I feel like new albums like this one particularly need a few listens before voting, but I can say for now that I am extremely impressed with this disc, and it definitely is one of my top 3 favorite new releases in surround of the year!

QQ Hi-Res Surround Blu-ray Audio Poll: Birdsong At Morning - A Slight Departure

..and here the very artist who created the work being discussed can see one of the best qualities of this forum, I would say.. the strength of the QQ Community.

Really, for me, this is the most extraordinary place.

Jon & the Mods, you're doing something special here imho.

Thank You.

Back