HiRez Poll Boulez, Pierre & NY Philharmonic - BARTOK CONCERTO FOR ORCHESTRA

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Pierre Boulze - CONDUCTS BARTOK

• 10: Great Surround, Great Presentation, Great Performance

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • 9:

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • 8:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7:

• 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Presentation, Poor Performance

• Total voters
Busted! (We were hoping you'd let us get away with a little poll thread drift, @fredblue! Maybe if someone explicitly compares the merits of the Malkki performance vs. the Boulez...?)
'tis not my place to adjudicate, i just like to stick to the formula 😄

how discrete are BIS' 5.1 mixes? it's been many a year since i last span one of their SACDs 🤔

'tis not my place to adjudicate, i just like to stick to the formula 😄

how discrete are BIS' 5.1 mixes? it's been many a year since i last span one of their SACDs 🤔
Not very discrete, with a few exceptions. Traditional classical mixes generally.

And a new thread needs to be done by a moderator. They'll do it if they feel a need.

I voted ten based more on the "Magical Mandarin" than "Concerto for Orchestra". Both are excellent surround and mix wise, just that I have always loved Mandarin from the time I first played the Q8! And I'm not even a classical guy!

I just received an order from DV which included "The Wooden Prince" it contains side 2 of "The Magical Mandarin". Only side 1 was included on this polled disc.

So where is the poll for Boulez Conducts Bartok: The Wooden Prince? It is even better than this one, a definite ten! I need to vote!!!!

Besides this Boulez does Bartok ..with its panoramic discrete quad display ,
DV EPOCH has another ,
James Levine conducts Mahler and Brahms w/LSO , and Chicago Symphony Orchestra ...CDLX 7344.( Previously on RCA Red Seal quad.)

Just thought I'd mention it....but don't thank me , thank Duncan who pointed it out for me , as I was boasting about the quad graphics on the album cover of the CBS Boulez Bartok.

Back