Bowie's Young Americans in 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Odys

701 Club - QQ All-Star
I stumbled upon this CD/DVD set while on the CD WOW US website yesterday. Looks to be a recent UK release and contains a DVD with the album in DD and DTS 5.1, as well as some live video performances. From what little I was able to find out about it, it looks like it was originally done as a DVD-A mix, but it was decided to release it as DVD-V instead. While I would have obviously much preferred the DVD-A release, this is a fantastic album and I'll take what I can get. Can't wait to get this one in the mail!

I stumbled upon this CD/DVD set while on the CD WOW US website yesterday. Looks to be a recent UK release and contains a DVD with the album in DD and DTS 5.1, as well as some live video performances. From what little I was able to find out about it, it looks like it was originally done as a DVD-A mix, but it was decided to release it as DVD-V instead. While I would have obviously much preferred the DVD-A release, this is a fantastic album and I'll take what I can get. Can't wait to get this one in the mail!

even without hi-rez, it's a good one. there's a thread on this in the dvd-video section. https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7823&highlight=bowie

Anybody know if this will be released domestically in the US?

Although it was just over $30 up here, it is an excellent disc.

I found one at HMV by accident.

A 9.5 Surround release (-.5) for non HiRez.

Back