Bread and Grover Washington Multichannel SACDs - Official Audio Fidelity Announcement

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just previewed all songs on Winelight...I love it. Also, I have to admit...I was mixing up Grover Washington with George Benson.....duh. I love this style of Jazz....I have dozens of old CD's that have this style of Jazz...so I will love to have that disc in surround. Got a little slappin' bass going on...which I love too.

I just previewed all songs on Winelight...I love it. Also, I have to admit...I was mixing up Grover Washington with George Benson.....duh. I love this style of Jazz....I have dozens of old CD's that have this style of Jazz...so I will love to have that disc in surround. Got a little slappin' bass going on...which I love too.

That what puzzled me when you said you weren't interested...you used to like the Yellowjackets and jazz like that...

Good on Gus Skinas! (Do you think he could find those 5.1's of Blue Moves, Rock Of The Westies, Caribou & Don't Shoot Me I'm Only The Piano Player.. some day too?!) :D

Interesting.. it said Kevin Gray was doing the Winelight SACD Stereo in that press release, so it's all SH's work?

I'll have to check. Steve H. may not have been available for that one.

As to the Elton's, they would have to be licensed from Universal before anyone can start looking for the tapes! :)

I think "Winelight" will look good next to my other Grover Washington SACD

6890815245_84cd10d1bb.jpg

With the three I already have - BS&T, Bloomfield, and NY Voices - and two on the way - BS&T and Guess Who - and now THIS, I think I'll soon need a shelf just for AF releases!

Pretty good? Too bright? Time to rejig your memory and play that DVDA! ;) ;)
i just did.
i was wrong about high end overload. actually high end of mid range and somewhat lacking the bass.
tuned at max sub and still not enough.
right after "Winelight" did loaded "Moonlight Acoustica" to compare... wow, that's huge difference.
latest one absolutely perfect not only in mix but soundwise as well.

I have the quad version of 'The Best of Bread' and the DVDA of 'Winelight'. Both, IMHO, are wonderful! This is great news :)

"Winelight" looks very cool. Fantastic band plus an Elliot Scheiner mix! I must confess I never knew that this was the source of "Just the Two of Us". I had always assumed it was released under Bill Withers' name. I've no worries if Kevin Gray mastered the stereo layer. His work is outstanding. I'm less enthusiastic about Bread but may pick that up as well.

Well..I love the Grover Washington album, but have the DVD-A.
Didn't mind doubling up on the upcoming BST disc because my MoFi isn't MC.
But the Grover will be really redundant in my collection

How about that bit where ES "Builds" the Winelight Surround mix on that Acura Demo disc? 'A bit of snare drum here, some keyboard there, Grover's sexyphone over here.. hey presto! The wonders that man creates.. It's acoustic alchemy, I tell ya! :p

i love it...best post ever! :banana:

i'm not a jazz fan either but damn does that dvda sound fantastic...borrowed from a friend just to hear the audio quality and no longer have it. hoping the sacd sounds as good....and the opportunity to get out of my comfort zone music wise at a reasonable price!

Back