Brubeck-Desmond "Duets" and Tommy w/London Orchestra CDs - QS encoded?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Svensson

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
I read that these 2 former QS albums have been newly remastered and released (Brubeck is due August 11th). I may have to get it to answer the inevitable "is it still encoded" question. Then I saw that both had been released back in the 1990's or in 2002 also as remastered versions.....anyone have either in a CD version and know if they retain their matrix coding? John S.

I don't have either on CD but, as DUETS was a quad-only release, unless it was remixed one must assume it will decode. TOMMY is another matter, since that was originally issued in stereo as well as quad (AFAIK), and we'd have to get lucky for someone to pull the QS for that one.

ED :)

I don't have either on CD but, as DUETS was a quad-only release, unless it was remixed one must assume it will decode. TOMMY is another matter, since that was originally issued in stereo as well as quad (AFAIK), and we'd have to get lucky for someone to pull the QS for that one.

ED :)

The QS of Tommy is quite a different sounding mix from the stereo

Back