Cables

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can recommend the Audioquest - Sidewinder interconnect. About $40 for a pair......probably less discounted. I'm using the Audioquest - Ruby cables in my own setup.......absolutely excellent results. But, I bought them years ago for $160.00

Dave in NM is using the Sidewinders, and I helped him setup and adjust his CD-4 system. The Sidewinders appeared to perform just great!

Other high quality/low capacitance cables are certainly available and I think any of them would work better than 30yr old interconnects. That said, I have experience with and can certainly recommend the above.

ps: I'm not real big into the audiophile interconnects.......but in this particular application it makes a significant performance difference!

QuadBob said:
I can recommend the Audioquest - Sidewinder interconnect. About $40 for a pair......probably less discounted. I'm using the Audioquest - Ruby cables in my own setup.......absolutely excellent results. But, I bought them years ago for $160.00

Dave in NM is using the Sidewinders, and I helped him setup and adjust his CD-4 system. The Sidewinders appeared to perform just great!

Other high quality/low capacitance cables are certainly available and I think any of them would work better than 30yr old interconnects. That said, I have experience with and can certainly recommend the above.

ps: I'm not real big into the audiophile interconnects.......but in this particular application it makes a significant performance difference!

THANKS,
IS THIS LIKEY TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM I POSTED EARLIER ABOUT A LOUD HUM COMING THRU MY 4DD-5?
THIS WAS THE LAST POST IN THE THREAD.

Dave,
I did a little testing: is this revealing in any way?
All volume controls down, 4DD-5 going thru the S&iC
1) 2 CH diract switch in he back of the demod in the off position, & the front selector switch in 4-CH. THERE'S A LOUD HUM.
2) Same except the front selector is 2 CH. DITTO
3) Front and back selector in 2 CH NO HUM.
4) FRONT 4 CH, back 2 CH THERE'S A LOUD HUM.
If this suggests anything, please let me know.

LASTLY, I FOUND A QRX 9001 OUT OF STATE THAT HAS BEEN TAKEN APART. I AM WAITING TO HEAR IF ALL THE PARTS ARE STILL THERE. THE GUY WANTS $5. IF THE WRONG PARTS ARE MISSING, CAN AN UPGRADE OF THE PIECE BECOME DICEY?
AGAIN, THANKS FOR THE REPLY.
LANCE

Report Post | IP: Logged

Only if your cables are bad. See my response to your post.

The Quadfather

ress4278 said:
THANKS,
IS THIS LIKEY TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM I POSTED EARLIER ABOUT A LOUD HUM COMING THRU MY 4DD-5?
THIS WAS THE LAST POST IN THE THREAD.

Dave,
I did a little testing: is this revealing in any way?
All volume controls down, 4DD-5 going thru the S&iC
1) 2 CH diract switch in he back of the demod in the off position, & the front selector switch in 4-CH. THERE'S A LOUD HUM.
2) Same except the front selector is 2 CH. DITTO
3) Front and back selector in 2 CH NO HUM.
4) FRONT 4 CH, back 2 CH THERE'S A LOUD HUM.
If this suggests anything, please let me know.

LASTLY, I FOUND A QRX 9001 OUT OF STATE THAT HAS BEEN TAKEN APART. I AM WAITING TO HEAR IF ALL THE PARTS ARE STILL THERE. THE GUY WANTS $5. IF THE WRONG PARTS ARE MISSING, CAN AN UPGRADE OF THE PIECE BECOME DICEY?
AGAIN, THANKS FOR THE REPLY.
LANCE

Report Post | IP: Logged

Back