• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Cai's quad collection soon to go.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that sounds like my collection, too! :D A little of everything. I think most of us tend to move around the stylistic map with what caught our fancy, though of course you'll see a lot of obvious stuff in every collection.

Actually, 10% is probably rather normal for someone primarily Lp-based, as so many collectors are...it's just that I began in a singles-oriented era (and singles were cheaper and to the point. Albums were a luxury and adventure, so those were purchased less frequently until I had a job and could afford them more) so the percentage of 45's in my collection is probably around equal to the albums (though I've never counted).

ED :)

Oh, what an eclectic taste, was happy to see two of my favorites on there.

Spiritualized- Lazer Guided Melodies

Verve- A Storm In Heaven.... Which would be amazing in a surround sound mix.

I recommend anyone out there who enjoys King Crimson to give the later a listen. Not quite prog, but goes to some strange places with some great mix of rock and flutes/sax.

Okay, as of now I am no longer accepting requests for records. I am going to the house tomorrow to dig out the ones already requested, then a bunch go to Eric in Portland, with the rest going in early December. I will no longer be involved in them.

I will add requests for all other formats until midnight PDT on Monday, October 26.

Your response has been amazing. I hope I can find everything! Seattle-area volunteers are welcome to search with me. I might even come up with a pizza! Cai's equipment has been sold, so we won't be able to have a audiophile party, though. :(

Actually, I'm sure I can do it myself, but it will take time. I have lots of that!

Thanks again and again and again, dear family of mine!
Judie:brew

Okay, as of now I am no longer accepting requests for records. I am going to the house tomorrow to dig out the ones already requested, then a bunch go to Eric in Portland, with the rest going in early December. I will no longer be involved in them.

I will add requests for all other formats until midnight PDT on Monday, October 26.

Your response has been amazing. I hope I can find everything! Seattle-area volunteers are welcome to search with me. I might even come up with a pizza! Cai's equipment has been sold, so we won't be able to have a audiophile party, though. :(

Actually, I'm sure I can do it myself, but it will take time. I have lots of that!

Thanks again and again and again, dear family of mine!
Judie:brew

Thank you Judie for your kindness and great work. If I lived close I'd definitely help you and bring a pizza too! Take it easy and have fun-and if it's too much, leave it for later- we don't want you all stressed out or in pain!
Cheers,
Alberto

Having been born and raised in Portland before moving to Florida,I have spent many hours in his shop prowling through the bins,he even has a quad system to listen to while your looking,I will be back in Feb to pay him a visit.

Having been born and raised in Portland before moving to Florida,I have spent many hours in his shop prowling through the bins,he even has a quad system to listen to while your looking,I will be back in Feb to pay him a visit.

I've been very impressed by Eric's ethics and knowledge, not to mention what a really nice guy he is.

Tim, you think you have it bad! Imagine going into a wonderful music room that has been only partially organized and finding all those items you are requesting. I did the records today. It took me eight hours and they are in clearly marked boxes!!! (of course I kind of messed around a little looking at other stuff instead of going through boxes of records efficiently) :)

As time goes by, a method emerges from the madness. Thanks to incredible help from tiso in creating a spreadsheet of your requests, there is hope. I think we're approaching 300 requests for disc media and 100 for LPs.

FYI:
A couple of QQ members who have a clue about value (I don't) will review the requests when they are all in and give me a price range. I will have to inspect each item for condition before quoting a price. Every disc I've looked at appears in new condition so far.

For LPs, it will have to be a guess because I'm no expert on grading. I'd give the cover a trashed, ok, or nice rating, the record would be yuk, pretty scratched, not bad, or shiny. :smokin So on records, you'll pay for what I think it should be, I'll send it, you ask for a refund or thank your lucky stars if you find my assessment is off. I guarantee you will pay according to your own assessment of grade! Such a deal!

Since many people have requested more discs than they actually plan to buy, I'm adding the name of every person who requests a title. When I can pin down pricing, the title will be offered in the order of request.

Feel free to volunteer for pricing duty if you know what things are going for. The more the merrier!:wave

Progress! All LPs that can be found have been pulled. There were 97 requests and I found 82. I sent the list of those not found to Eric. He thinks some of them might be in the boxes taken to him in August. If he has them, I'll give him your name so he can offer them for sale if he wants. Even so, I'm amazed that I found that many in a crowded room with over 100 boxes of records stacked three deep and three high. WOW! Now for the hard work of grading and pricing. You'll hear from me as soon as I can plow through them.

Eric is hauling all the records to Portland on November 10. That will free up room to begin finding the 325 discs you have asked for. I hope you all have lots of patience! You've all been wonderful so far!

I think most of us will hold up okay, but pouring over that list really showed what a huge task you have to contend with.

We should be encouraging you as much or more than you do us!

....We should be encouraging you as much or more than you do us!

Amen to that!

I consider (us) "the Quad gang" to be a very thankful (and supportive) bunch.

Thank you very much for your efforts.

You have a friend in Madrid ;=) (I used to live in Pennsylvania too)

Thanks to a day of amazingly intense work by Analogueghost (Justin), nearly every disc requested has been found.
I am in love. Someone had better warn his girlfriend. He's the perfect man...talks to himself as he works, sociable but not chatty...sigh. I still have to find outer covers and finalize pricing, but things are moving along. He also set up the components in the media room for the simple people who will be using it. I was ready to hear the first notes from those great speakers of Cai's...but the Rotel RSP-985 is dead. No can turn on. Oh, well. Back to the drawing board.

Thanks for the kind words! I had a lot of fun trying to crack the code of Cai's organization system (DVD-A and SACD were alphabetized backwards and then as a shelf of a particular format filled up he started a new shelf on the other side of the room, alphabetized from scratch) and exploring the vastness of his digital collection. Truly mind blowing, some of the stuff that's there. Forum members chose some really great stuff in their request lists, too. There were several times that I had to exclaim something to the effect of "Ah! Glad someone requested that one!"

My dear, patient, friends,

It has been a most difficult month and I simply haven't been able to face the task of working in the media room. I was on the verge of notifying everyone that I just couldn't continue and would not be fulfilling any requests at all. Then today my youngest son, home from college, and my hero Justin (Analogueghost) joined me in tackling the media room one last time, and we did it!!!! Nearly every disc is found and in my apartment. I'm sorry to have missed Christmas, but at least you will be able to own a bit of Cai's collection soon. I probably won't get final prices to you this week, but it will happen. Not a single person has bugged me. You are the tops!!!

Judie

Back