Calling All Billy Joel Fans

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here on the east coast it started a half hour late (9:30) and ran to 11:30. I had the DVR set for 9-11so I missed the last 30 minutes (plus the additional 2 minutes).
I will try to record it again on the 19th. Hopefully.
I always add time to my DVR recordings. Many times it’s allowed me to see the end of a race that was red-flagged. A lot of programs are delayed because the previous program ran long, too. I always record an extra 2 hours, which is the maximum my machine will do.

I recorded it off our local Phoenix OTA station. And I got the entire concert including credits at the end. I set it to record an extra 30 minutes just in case. And it was broadcast in 5.1 Dolby Digital. I checked Paramount +. Weird, as a live show, it was only 2 channel. But if you watch it on Paramount+ now (streaming the recording) its 5.1. I betcha a blu ray and/or 4k disc is coming at some point!

I recorded it off our local Phoenix OTA station. And I got the entire concert including credits at the end. I set it to record an extra 30 minutes just in case. And it was broadcast in 5.1 Dolby Digital. I checked Paramount +. Weird, as a live show, it was only 2 channel. But if you watch it on Paramount+ now (streaming the recording) its 5.1. I betcha a blu ray and/or 4k disc is coming at some point!

The premature ending only happened in the Eastern Time Zone. I could tell the commercials were in surround, but yes, the show itself seemed to be in stereo.

I always add time to my DVR recordings. Many times it’s allowed me to see the end of a race that was red-flagged. A lot of programs are delayed because the previous program ran long, too. I always record an extra 2 hours, which is the maximum my machine will do.
I hear you. I watch a lot of races as well, and a lot of other sports, and when I record them I add a bunch of time as well. Actually any program that’s live. The BJ concert was not live so it should have been a set time slot. SHOULD HAVE.
Needless to say, I have set the DVR for Friday night with an extra hour.

I just streamed the first hour on Paramount+. It's a very nice show. Billy Joel can still sing reasonably well.
I think you're understating it. I think he sings great for his age compared to his peers. And Sting was awesome.

I've seen him maybe 4 times, but never at MSG. He would tour Buffalo and Toronto a lot. I have never seen him with such a large backing band.

I don't know the details, but Joel split with his classic road band years ago under unfriendly circumstances. They eventually started performing as a Billy Joel Tribute band called "The Lords of 52nd Street". There are several BJ tribute bands out there.

I’m watching the re-broadcast now on CBS and a few songs in, this is really great. Visually stunning. The band and his voice are both outstanding. Please release this on 4K blu ray with an Atmos soundtrack!
Watching it now too. (I missed the original broadcast.) Yeah... Everything is great. Only problem I am having is that the broadcast is a little glitchy. Might have something to do with the fact that it's the first time in years that I have turned on the cable box!

Watching it now too. (I missed the original broadcast.) Yeah... Everything is great. Only problem I am having is that the broadcast is a little glitchy. Might have something to do with the fact that it's the first time in years that I have turned on the cable box!
Glitchy for me too. I’m guessing it is the broadcast. All the more reason to release this on disc.

I read people were miffed because they cut tracks out to fit the time slot. I'm not sure how many, but I do remember We Didn't Start the Fire and a Sting track.. Hopefully a Blu-ray would be complete.

Glitchy for me too. I’m guessing it is the broadcast. All the more reason to release this on disc.
It is the Broadcast. It did it last week too.

I didn't realize until this show that all 100 shows at MSG were sold out.

I always wanted to go. I think that trip from Buffalo to NYC is so cool to see an MSG show. Jump on a train, take it to Penn station, get off the train, go upstairs, enter MSG. take your seat

I didn't realize until this show that all 100 shows at MSG were sold out.

I always wanted to go. I think that trip from Buffalo to NYC is so cool to see an MSG show. Jump on a train, take it to Penn station, get off the train, go upstairs, enter MSG. take your seat
I was just at MSG a few weeks ago to watch a college basketball game, train from New Haven. It really is the best arena in the world.

Watching now, as my internet box allows me to go back 3 days to "catch up"

**THANKS FOR the REMINDER**

Edited to add.....Started out strong and now in first commercials...ugh

Last edited:
Back