Billy Joel - Piano Man 50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition (Mch SACD of Quad mix from Sony Japan)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so I decided to rim the edges and inner ring of the SACD with my trusty notched permanent black ink pen. Not only did the bass increase [and might I add tastefully] but the vocals were more pronounced.

How to Ruin the Resale Value Of (and Possibly Permanently Damage) Your Music Collection with No Audible Benefit: A Step-by-Step Guide by 4-Earredwonder

How to Ruin the Resale Value Of (and Possibly Permanently Damage) Your Music Collection with No Audible Benefit: A Step-by-Step Guide by 4-Earredwonder
It doesn't alter the sound. Pure placebo snake oil nonsense.
Egads, Dave and JJ ... you would've thunk I smeared black shoe polish on my new brown suede leather boots from Italia!

You have to think like a laser! When it beholds that subtle OPAQUE black ink on it's outer/inner rims it focuses more clearly on those ones and zeros.

Not to mention I also place a millennium compact disc 'damper' atop the disc for an additional sonic improvement!

And the science is IN THE LISTENING ..... and IMO, is totally immune to 'armchair criticism!" Whatever happened to the phrase "TRY it, You'll LIKE it?" And I'm certain that J. Robert Oppenheimer would APPROVE! And BTW, the J stands for Julius!

The fact remains SONY Japan's Piano Man is an exquisite transfer and looking forward to BJ's TURNSTILES in the near future!

Last edited:
Egads, Dave and JJ ... you would've thunk I smeared black shoe polish on my new brown suede leather boots from Italia!

You have to think like a laser! When it beholds that subtle OPAQUE black ink on it's outer/inner rims it focuses more clearly on those ones and zeros.

Not to mention I also place a millennium compact disc 'damper' atop the disc for an additional sonic improvement!

And the science is IN THE LISTENING ..... and IMO, is totally immune to 'armchair criticism!" Whatever happened to the phrase "TRY it, You'll LIKE it?" And I'm certain that J. Robert Oppenheimer would APPROVE! And BTW, the J stands for Julius!

The fact remains SONY Japan's Piano Man is an exquisite transfer and looking forward to BJ's TURNSTILES in the near future!
Wow Ralphie, you have stones! Shakti Stones!

And the science is IN THE LISTENING ..... and IMO, is totally immune to 'armchair criticism!"
naked-gun-facepalm.gif

I hope you're being facetious... Optical discs are either read correctly, or they aren't. There is no in-between. Unrecoverable errors result in digital noise, which is unmistakable, obvious, and deeply unpleasant. You can do whatever you'd like to make the laser's job easier, but none of it will result in a change in sound, unless you were getting unrecoverable errors before or are causing errors with whatever "treatments" you decide to throw at your discs and/or players. Your ears hear what they want to hear, and are easily fooled.

naked-gun-facepalm.gif

I hope you're being facetious... Optical discs are either read correctly, or they aren't. There is no in-between. Unrecoverable errors result in digital noise, which is unmistakable, obvious, and deeply unpleasant. You can do whatever you'd like to make the laser's job easier, but none of it will result in a change in sound, unless you were getting unrecoverable errors before or are causing errors with whatever "treatments" you decide to throw at your discs and/or players. Your ears hear what they want to hear, and are easily fooled.
I'm only the piano "tuner," JJ!

I let my discs soak in warm gravy. It's got to be beef gravy, chicken gravy is too acidic. It needs to be kept a temperature between 75-80 degrees Fahrenheit. Let it soak for 15 minutes and then rinse in warm water and dry thoroughly. This allows the laser beam to slide through the molecules of plastic easier.
I let my miniature dachshund chew on the disc for 49.5 seconds.
It does not work with the chihuahua (and God knows I’ve tried in search of the perfect sound!)
The doxy has exactly the right bite radius 🥸

Back