Bloomfield/Kooper/Stills - Super Session is the next Sony Japan 7" quad SACD (Sept. 13, 2023)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I would have done that, but I had already finalized the Super Session order and it wouldn’t let me add the Love Devotion, so I’ve got another charge to look forward to! 🙄 Who knew they’d announce another one so fast!!
I'm surprised that you couldn't add it to your first order of Super Session.I've done it after a week of the first order and was able to combine 2 into one parcel.Now I have to wait another couple weeks for Love Devotion release to get both of those CDs.

I'm surprised that you couldn't add it to your first order of Super Session.I've done it after a week of the first order and was able to combine 2 into one parcel.Now I have to wait another couple weeks for Love Devotion release to get both of those CDs.
For some reason, the "order modification" tab said "unavailable". Not sure why. Upon further review, one possible reason is that I didn't sign a billing agreement with Paypal. Hmm, something to think about for next time.

For some reason, the "order modification" tab said "unavailable". Not sure why. Upon further review, one possible reason is that I didn't sign a billing agreement with Paypal. Hmm, something to think about for next time.
Yep. I think this is the case. I got into the same trap once. But after I sign a billing agreement, since then order modification funnction is available for me.

While I wait on "the WHO BIG BOX" to arrive; thought I'd open this one up and rip it.

As side notes, I don't yet see this listed in discogs; and not sure what the Mods, will do about this for the Polls (combine it with the older AF SACD or not?)

Overall sounding nice and clean to me; but prefer others here more experienced, to compare with the Audio Fidelity SACD.

One thing that stands out for me on the rip of these Sony 7" SACDs, is that I get a little "CLICK" sound coming from the empty Center channel caused by a quick sharp peak in the first micro-second. I usually keep my SACD rips as dsf; but because of these clicks, I go ahead and convert to flac and reduce the click. It's always just at the start of the first song.

See the Audacity extreme Zoom in screen-shot below...

01-ALBERT'S SHUFFLE (FROM dsf) Click at start of rip.jpg

SUPER SESSION QUAD SONY SACD.jpg

Last edited:
One thing that stands out for me on the rip of these Sony 7" SACDs, is that I get a little "CLICK" sound coming from the empty Center channel caused by a quick sharp peak in the first micro-second.

Did you ever update the version of sacd_extract.exe you are using?
Old topic I believe, but maybe old becomes new again.

Received mine today along with Love Devotion Surrender from CDJapan.

The packaging was excellent 👌, which says alot about the company and how they care about the buyer receiving their orders in pristine condition.

My my, from the very first note of Albert's Shuffle you know that you're in for an exciting ride. It don't come any better than this.

Time to sit back, relax and just enjoy it.

The packaging was excellent 👌, which says alot about the company and how they care about the buyer receiving their orders in pristine condition.

My my, from the very first note of Albert's Shuffle you know that you're in for an exciting ride. It don't come any better than this.

Time to sit back, relax and just enjoy it.
Mine arrived as well, so Super Session, Love Devotion Surrender & stereo SACDs of Blind Faith & Pat Metheny's Offramp. CDJapan should run a course to teach others how to package for shipping!

Me too, along with Love Devotion Surrender and 3 of the newer Universal Music SHM-SACDs.

CDJapan should run a course to teach others how to package for shipping!

Agreed, another super packaging and shipment job from CDJapan, they are a pleasure to work with.

For what it’s worth:
Ordered this & Santana/McLaughlin from CD Japan.
Noticed they had reinstated to lower cost Airmail option (no tracking or insurance)
Estimated time was 2 - 4 weeks - but could take up to 8 weeks(!)
I figured I’d give it a whirl to save a few bucks…
Well, it took 10 days, and everything is perfect 🤩

History records that for one brief shining moment, when the polls were last updated, the quad version of an album that changed my life 55 years ago stood atop the polls with a perfect 10.00 score!

1701874361742.png

Only one title remotely from the current millennium in the top ten says something about the age demographic of the voters. 😵‍💫

History records that for one brief shining moment, when the polls were last updated, the quad version of an album that changed my life 55 years ago stood atop the polls with a perfect 10.00 score!

View attachment 99076

Only one title remotely from the current millennium in the top ten says something about the age demographic of the voters. 😵‍💫
While it "may say something about the age demographic of the voters" it also says something about the type of albums that get surround mixes: classic rock. More specifically classic prog rock. Why? I'd suspect because the artist/label is more likely to get a return on their investment. In limited cases, there are artists who genuinely love surround and are able to get surround albums released but that is a very limited number. Even Nine Inch Nails The Fragile's 5.1 mix that was completed a decade ago hasn't (can't?) been released.

Hopefully, with the increasing popularity of Atmos, the SDE surround series, Quadio, and iTunes some chances get taken with newer music. I'd settle for music made in the 90's...

1701874361742.png
And this is why the rankings should use weighted scores based on number of votes. A perfect 10 with a mere 11 votes should not sit above a 9.81 with 200 votes!

Back