Bloomfield/Kooper/Stills - Super Session is the next Sony Japan 7" quad SACD (Sept. 13, 2023)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the Audio Fidelity 5.1 of Super Session but this will be great, thank you. Ordered. Good Catch.
R-6094586-1689174818-6778.jpg

I'm actually fired up about this one. I must be in the minority. I get really BORED, if they just keep releasing the same band over and over. I like some variety. This will be mine!
I hear what you’re saying, especially if we’re just talking about the Sony quad releases. The lack of variety could easily get old.

For me, with all the other things I’m buying, it doesn’t feel too bad if one label/channel is hyper-focused on a single artist.

Having said that, this is a nice indication that Sony quad is more than just Santana or a small circle of artists.

Too expensive for my tastes, especially given the underwhelming reports of the quad mix.
I'm in the same boat, for $25 I would add it to the collection. At this price I'll hold out for DV's forthcoming announcements, and the promise of Rhino Quadios which I will jump at a couple of them at least. I wanted "Welcome" or a very fresh new quad title to really surprise me.

Last edited:
Are people still trying to order on CDJapan, or there another place everyone's ordering from?
I've mainly (entirely?) gotten these from CDJapan.
I like to wait until there are two titles I want.
Might have to go ASAP on this one.
Maybe another 7" title will call out to me, when I check. Maybe I'll just order 2.

I've mainly (entirely?) gotten these from CDJapan.
I like to wait until there are two titles I want.
Might have to go ASAP on this one.
Maybe another 7" title will call out to me, when I check. Maybe I'll just order 2.
If you order 2, you could do a Life in Surround giveaway contest/drawing/something. Notice how generous i am with your money! Seems only fair to match your generosity with your channel–you are my YouTube hero! Stay Surrounded, Comrade!

Back