Capitol Records - Prices Slashed! - Sale or Clearance?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerCaniac

300 Club - QQ All-Star
:banana:

Hi everyone,

If you have any Capitol Records titles in your wishlists, now may be the time to buy. I've had many of them in my wishlist for a while and the prices have always been steep, between $22-$25, so I held off while watching stock to make sure I didn't miss out. However. . .

Today (5/09), Amazon.com and Tower.com have slashed the prices on Capitol DVD-As and the Steve Miller 30th Anniversary CD+DD 5.1 DVD. DVD-As from: Dave Koz, Crowded House, Beach Boys, Bonnie Raitt, Queensryche and the Steve Miller 30th Anniversary Edition are all now $13.97 each, 44% off retail at Amazon and $12.99-$13.89 at Tower.com. These discs just don't go on sale like this! Both sites offer free shipping. Each site has a mix of titles in stock and on order, so mix and match as needed. There may be others too, I just did a search for Capitol at Amazon and clicked on DVD-A. The Steve Miller set was in my wishlist. Are there others?

I wonder if Capitol is clearing out these titles (likely), hence the price reductions, or is this just a sale? It's unusual for these titles to be discounted much and to discount all of them at the same time is even more unusual. Amazon/Tower.com prices fluctuate frequently, so pull the trigger quickly if you are interested.

I hope this helps those trying to catch up. I know I just saved a lot of money (spend to save, ha ha) and made a huge contribution to my collection. I hope my fellow QQers can do the same!

Best,
Josh

Last edited:
thanks for the heads up. I ordered the Crowded House and Queensryche dvd-a.

It's funny that Amazon bumped the price of many SACDs up from $14.99 to $18.98 corresponding with this sale.

Back