Classic TV Album Ads - Aja & Beyond

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WOW QL, that was great!

I visited that Tower Records store many times in the '80s, as the company I worked for had their home office in Glendale, CA, and I would always get a rental car when I was there for a week and cruise LA record stores looking for quad cutouts and other interesting stuff. That store was a real adventure, LPs piled up in stacks in the aisle. What a flashback that video was.

THANKS!!

For years, I have been waiting for someone to make available the TV ad advertising the American bootleg Beatles compilation "Alpha Omega." If anyone ever comes across it, please post it (I'm fairly sure it's not on YouTube).

J. D.

I'm sure everyone noticed, but how weird that at one point they show a customer with the McCartney album! I would guess if John ever saw the final cut of this commercial, he was pissed!

Considering the 16:9 aspect ratio and the credit at the end, I think that someone took a radio ad and added it to some archival footage. I don't think this was a real TV ad.

J. D.

Back