CODE HD Audio

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blrac

300 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
I stumbled upon this on ebay. John Mellencamp has a cd with an audio dvd in a CODE format which claims to be close to the original master tapes. Here is the description from the seller.

2008 release includes Audio DVD. About Life, Death, Love & Freedom was produced by T Bone Burnett (O' Brother Where Art Thou, Robert Plant with Allison Krauss). Allsongs written by John Mellencamp who has been called 'the poet laureate of the interstate' and he reaches deep into his soul, bringing forth an album of unparalleled maturity powered by a piercing musical vision. This is a special two disc package CD with high quality audio DVD. This is the first-ever release in CODE, a proprietary audio technology that creates high-definition audio files that are virtually indistinguishable from the original master tapes. John Mellencamp has sold 12 million CDs in the SoundScan era alone! He was inducted earlier this year into the Rock'N'Roll Hall Fame and he is a Grammy® Award winner. The album's first single is 'My Sweet Love'. 14 tracks.

Anyone know anything about this format? Tempted to buy it but I dont have the equipment to see what the resolution is. Anything else available in this format and how do you search for it? I couldnt find anything on Amazon when using it as a search.

Thanks, just read it and actually feel less informed than when I knew next to nothing about it. How clueless are record companies any more. It is truly depressing.

Back