Converting quadraphonic audio from CD on a PC?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simon419

Hey there I was wondering if it's possible to convert a quadraphonic CD into DTS or something similar so that I can play it on my PC as I do not have any other way of playing the sound,

Thanks

Yes, there are ways, but it depends what you mean by "quadraphonic CD." If you mean a quadraphonic DTS-CD, then it must be "ripped" into .Wav files and can be played with Foorbar2000 for Windows. If the CD is SQ or QS encoded regular audio CD, then you need to use Adobe Audition to "convert" the .Wav files into 4. Playback can be done in many, many ways. The "search" here at QQ is your best friend.

Here is a starter course of AA converting:

[h=1]SQ Decoding with Adobe Audition for New Converters - Start Here[/h]

Heyy, I don't think it's DTS it's on a regular audio CD.

I will take a look at the link you've provided,

Thanks

I have a lot of DTS CDs which when played as is just hiss. Of course once they are put on the DVD-A/SACD player they play in quad or 5.1...I then copy to surround WMA for streaming purposes. 108 hours of surround now....4.5 days of bliss...

Assuming, perhaps wrongly, you're more interested in playing tracks on a computer than in preserving quad quality, and assuming you have already go quad->DTS wavs.

VLC is a pretty good media player (Both video and sound) and plays DTS files out-of-the-box. Foobar2000 is best at converting files to other formats; it has a component called foo_input_dts (DTS decoder) which will read TDS-formatted tracks, and will provide the option 'convert 5.1 to stereo'. I use it when converting DTS wav to either Flac or mp3. The wav files are DTS, channels 3F2R/LFE, sample rate 44100, Bitrate 1411 k/s. The output is mp3, stereo, 44100, 320 k/s. Both the wav and the resultant mp3 play in VLC . Both are free: go Google them. I rate them both.

Now, playing pure quad. I assume you have original vinyl, or are you talking about a CD format?

Back