Daft Punk - Random Access Memories in Atmos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://pitchfork.com/news/daft-pun...ccess-memories-reissue-with-unreleased-music/Incoming expanded reissue with “spatial audio (Atmos)” mix incoming. I’ll assume that it’s streaming only. Kinda glad I held off on grabbing this one on vinyl all these years, might as well get the expanded version instead
Wow it's coming up on a ten year anniversary? It still seems like such a new album to me. I made an upmix from HD Tracks download I'm very happy with. But then if they ever come out with a surround release of Discovery, ATMOS or otherwise, I'm jumpin' at that!!

Wouldn't bet on it but this is really an album that would be perfect for a hi-res atmos blu ray. It really deserves it's reputation as the hi-fi album, so it would fit that format perfectly.
There is at least one connection in that the last album they secured and announced (Bob Dylan - Time Out of Mind) is also from Columbia Records.

I don’t forsee another path for it to be released physically unless Sony does something wild like a 5.1 SACD in Japan or licensed to Analogue Productions, which seems like even more of a pipe dream. But nice to think about..

There is at least one connection in that the last album they secured and announced (Bob Dylan - Time Out of Mind) is also from Columbia Records.

I don’t forsee another path for it to be released physically unless Sony does something wild like a 5.1 SACD in Japan or licensed to Analogue Productions, which seems like even more of a pipe dream. But nice to think about..
Yeah I think I just don't really see it likely being released as a physical though. Just knowing Daft Punk and how anonymous they are, I would imagine if there was a physical release we would've already heard about it. That said I would love to see it being released as a physical blu ray, I'm just not holding my breath for it.

What I think is funny is we’ve somehow gotten more “new” Daft Punk material since they broke up, than in the 7 years following the release of Random Access Memories. Between the new bonus tracks on this upcoming reissue, and this entire live 1997 show they just… randomly streamed on twitch last year (video is mostly just audio due to copyright match stuff, but there was video with the stream)

Back