Dave klepacki's new rack mount adaptors

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Decoder Man

I contacted Jon Urban to see if this post would be appropriate and he approved.

My name is David Klepacki I own and operate a small manufacturing company, K & L Engineered Products Co. (theKLEPCO), in which, I design, manufacture or have manufactured, proprietary electronic equipment generally, not intended for resale.

I currently have a client who, while visiting my home office, noticed my SPEC collection. He was so impressed, he asked that I duplicate the Pioneer rack mounting hardware and incorporate it into his product design. I saw an opportunity in this and negotiated for theKLEPCO to own the tooling. My intention, above and beyond my clients requirements, is to not only duplicate the original JA-R101 and JA-R102 but to also design a modified version allowing any silver face Pioneer product to be rack mountable, for example, RG-1.

As you know. Quantity determines cost. I'm hoping for a retail price between $45.00 and $75.00 or less. So. The purpose of this thread is to find how much interest there is in these products and to obtain opinions and suggestions.

To update you on the current status of the project:
Tooling design for bracket and side panel of JA-R102 approved in January
Tooling in production in February
First parts expected week of March 20th.
bracket will be sent for paint- 1-2 weeks
side panel will be sent for brushing and anodizing 1-2 weeks

To date I have not received a delivery date for the pull handles.

Your opinion and suggestions will be much appreciated.

Dave

Dave. Did you follow through on your plans to reproduce the spec equipment mounting hardware. If so are you still making it? It would be a big help to me for my white oak rack that i am building! Thank you! Dave Kampmeyer [email protected]

Back