• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Definitive List Of DTS-CDs Sourced From Quad Masters

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

sjcorne

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I'm surprised this hasn't been done already. I thought it might be handy for any current or future members getting into the old DTS discs. I've been trying to collect all quad mixes released on digital formats and it always seems like there's one of these popping up that I didn't know existed.

Here's what I have so far:

Santana- Abraxas
Poco- Crazy Eyes
Ohio Players- Fire
Ohio Players- Honey
Steve Miller- Fly Like An Eagle
Stephen Stills- Stills
Moody Blues- Days Of Future Passed
Edgar Winter- Jasmine Nightdreams
Wings- Venus & Mars
Wings- Band On The Run
Eric Clapton- 461 Ocean Boulevard
Beck, Bogert & Appice- S/T

I must be missing a few...but it always seemed like there were far more new 5.1s from Miller/DTS Ent rather than old quads

Shame they didn't keep going with these quad discs (especially sony/columbia titles)...some of them are really good!

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
great idea for a thread/list..!! (y)

a few more Quads on DTS CD iirc;

Allman Brothers - At Filmore East,
BTO - Not Fragile,
Eric Clapton - There's One In Every Crowd,
Johnny Mathis - First Time Ever I Saw Your Face,
Moody Blues - Seventh Sojourn,
Mystic Moods - Bright Side Of The Moon,
Mystic Moods - Cosmic Force,
Mystic Moods - Erogenous

there are a few other Mystic Moods Quads on DTS CD I can't remember right now and a number of EMI/Angel Classical Quad DTS CDs I can't think of off the top of my head either, i'll get my thinking cap on when i'm not so tired! :p

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
great idea for a thread/list..!! (y)

a few more Quads on DTS CD iirc;

Allman Brothers - At Filmore East,
BTO - Not Fragile,
Eric Clapton - There's One In Every Crowd,
Johnny Mathis - First Time Ever I Saw Your Face,
Moody Blues - Seventh Sojourn,
Mystic Moods - Bright Side Of The Moon,
Mystic Moods - Cosmic Force,
Mystic Moods - Erogenous

there are a few other Mystic Moods Quads on DTS CD I can't remember right now and a number of EMI/Angel Classical Quad DTS CDs I can't think of off the top of my head either, i'll get my thinking cap on when i'm not so tired! :p
The Mystic Moods Orchestra: Stormy Memories with the grand piano and the sounds of nature. One of my favs.

Also, is it true [I haven't played it in years] that the DTS~4.0 ultra discrete 2 disc version of The Allman Brothers Live at Fillmore East has reversed rear channels? Too bad they omitted that mix from the recent BD~A LIVE remaster.

Last edited:

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
Tad, or 'Quadtrade' might have the complete list, as he worked for DTS and was part of the team with Brad that got these CDs out there in the first place to support the Millennium DTS stand alone Decoder. He can also speak to the one's that 'almost' made it. :)

Actually, there may already be a thread here with most of this info......

timbre4

Super Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
Tad, or 'Quadtrade' might have the complete list, as he worked for DTS and was part of the team with Brad that got these CDs out there in the first place to support the Millennium DTS stand alone Decoder. He can also speak to the one's that 'almost' made it. :)

Actually, there may already be a thread here with most of this info......
Thinking we have run through this topic at least once or twice before. And with the bitchin’ search on this platform, I have newfound confidence I’ll find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

himey

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
I'm surprised this hasn't been done already. I thought it might be handy for any current or future members getting into the old DTS discs. I've been trying to collect all quad mixes released on digital formats and it always seems like there's one of these popping up that I didn't know existed.

Here's what I have so far:

Santana- Abraxas
Poco- Crazy Eyes
Ohio Players- Fire
Ohio Players- Honey
Steve Miller- Fly Like An Eagle
Stephen Stills- Stills
Moody Blues- Days Of Future Passed
Edgar Winter- Jasmine Nightdreams
Wings- Venus & Mars
Wings- Band On The Run
Eric Clapton- 461 Ocean Boulevard
Beck, Bogert & Appice- S/T

I must be missing a few...but it always seemed like there were far more new 5.1s from Miller/DTS Ent rather than old quads

Shame they didn't keep going with these quad discs (especially sony/columbia titles)...some of them are really good!
Why limit the list to just dts-cd when your looking to "collect all quad mixes released on digital formats"?

This list of dts-cd's and an entire list of all officially released quad material digitally, will not be very long sadly.

ubertrout

All the classical ones from EMI/DTS are quad source. (not the later Don Jackson recordings)

Debussy Orchestral Works - Martinon, French National Orchestra (five issues)
Tchaikovsky Symphonies 4-6 - Karajan (3 issues)
Mozart Symphonies 35-41 - Karajan (3 issues)
Holst Planets - Previn
Verdi Aida - Previn
Selections from Bachianas Brasileiras (Villa Lobos, Composer conducting)
Peer Gynt and other Scandanavian Music - Berglund

ubertrout

Why limit the list to just dts-cd when your looking to "collect all quad mixes released on digital formats"?

This list of dts-cd's and an entire list of all officially released quad material digitally, will not be very long sadly.
I thought one was created at one point on a thread here, but I can't seem to find it.

timbre4

Super Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003

I thought one was created at one point on a thread here, but I can't seem to find it.
I had a memory there was such a list but certain things were deleted (10+ years ago) by someone no longer with us and it might be gone.

fizzywiggs41

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I had a memory there was such a list but certain things were deleted (10+ years ago) by someone no longer with us and it might be gone.

Look under thread "Quad-Requads "listing...via Quadraphonic Corner Section. (Does need a bit of an udate for the past year, though )
sorry I lost the ability to provide links---(temporary setback).

Fizzy

timbre4

Super Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003

Look under thread "Quad-Requads "listing...via Quadraphonic Corner Section. (Does need a bit of an udate for the past year, though )
sorry I lost the ability to provide links---(temporary setback).

Fizzy
Thanks this is different but sufficient for now. Ultimately this works better as a library asset or a single pinned post to update.

Tubelicious

QQ Supporter
I tried to do something similar to this on Discogs:

Of course at the time I somehow spaced this list. I'll make sure the discogs one has everything here (Or feel free to add any Imight have missed!) LOVE this community :)