Delicious Library 3 for OS X Music Collection Catalogue Software

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Failed Muso

800 Club - QQ All-Star
Ok, so I guess this will only be of interest to Mac owners but I found the most amazing software this evening for cataloguing my collection.

I wanted something that was quick and easy and involved minimal keystrokes to enter in each item. So, when I found Delicious Library 3, and its companion iPhone app, I pretty much couldn't believe my eyes! This thing is amazing and I'm astounded at the rapidity of it. I catalogued over 200 items in less than half an hour and they show up in a virtual shelf on my Mac, complete with all the details along with list and current values, particularly handy if you're looking to trade.

Quite simply, you scan the barcode in and it does the rest. You can use a paired iPhone or even the webcam on your Mac. Failing that you can punch in catalogue numbers or simply perform a Boolean search (I think it uses Amazon at the core of this function)

You can then create custom shelves for particular content, say, one for DVD-A, one for SACD, one for BDA, etc.

And it only costs $25 (£15).

I've been blown away by it and if you're anything as anal as me when it comes to keeping track of everything, this is a complete boon! :) :banana:

http://delicious-monster.com

Thanks for the info, sounds interesting. I just finished cataloging my vinyl collection into an Excel spreadsheet, it took me many months. I was not going to do the discs, but now I just might.

Thanks for the info, sounds interesting. I just finished cataloging my vinyl collection into an Excel spreadsheet, it took me many months. I was not going to do the discs, but now I just might.

This thing is incredibly addictive! I've been adding CD's, DVD's, Blu Ray's, SACD's, DVD-A'a, Books, & Games. There is the occasional hiccup when it doesn't recognise something straight away, but usually just typing the catalogue number in sorts this. And there's the occasional instance where it recognises a book as a CD or vice versa. Again, a quick and easy fix.

It's been a delight to use so far. Like you, I used to try and catalogue using something like Excel, but it got very tedious. Now it's a breeze! :)

got it and it works great with my macs camera but can't get the usb scanner to work yet just need to play with it more.
how do you do records with no bar code.
Thanks I have everything hand written in a folder.
This will be lots better

got it and it works great with my macs camera but can't get the usb scanner to work yet just need to play with it more.
how do you do records with no bar code.
Thanks I have everything hand written in a folder.
This will be lots better

Anything that doesn't have a barcode will have a catalogue number of some description. I've not made it to my vinyl yet but I tried some discs I know I have, whose catalogue numbers I remember (sad, I know!) and it found them. Or you can just search via artist and title. The search results can occasionally be a bit vague, especially if there are different versions. Sometimes you have to add the items, check the detail to ensure you have the right one and then delete the others.

I've just been entering some books using their ISBN numbers from the 60's and 70's and it found them straight away!

I haven't got any experience with the USB scanner, but the scanner app for iPhone works very well indeed :)

I'm not to swift with phones and dumputers so my kids help me.
maybe at least I will be able to see what I have so I don't buy it again
Thanks

Back