Denon 6700 Quad playback question

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackwood

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
(This might be something to common to other Denons.)

The quick version is: What audio setting on the Denon do you use when playing quad discs like the Rhino quadios?

The non-quick version: I have the my new 6700 and first-time back speakers in addition to the sides. So 7 speakers at ear-level. I put in one of the new quadios today and it sounded amazing... very full. In fact, too full. Turns out the 6700 was set to DTS-Neural:X. Sounds great, but then it’s coming through all of the speakers, so it probably should.

I wanted to get to a purer quad sound but there’s no “Quad” in the settings. The closest I got was DTS Surround but what happens is that the two side speakers are duplicated in the back speakers. So it was quad + 2.

It sounds OK that way, but I was still wanting to get to four, so I simply unplugged the two side speakers leaving the front left/right and back left/right. And there it was... quad. Sounds great.

I didn’t have this problem with the previous receiver because there weren’t two back speakers. Quad would play through the fronts and sides. I think it was set to DTS Surround at the time, but I can’t remember.

Just wondering if there’s a better receiver audio setting that doesn’t have me unplugging speakers to get the intended result.

(This might be something to common to other Denons.)

The quick version is: What audio setting on the Denon do you use when playing quad discs like the Rhino quadios?

The non-quick version: I have the my new 6700 and first-time back speakers in addition to the sides. So 7 speakers at ear-level. I put in one of the new quadios today and it sounded amazing... very full. In fact, too full. Turns out the 6700 was set to DTS-Neural:X. Sounds great, but then it’s coming through all of the speakers, so it probably should.

I wanted to get to a purer quad sound but there’s no “Quad” in the settings. The closest I got was DTS Surround but what happens is that the two side speakers are duplicated in the back speakers. So it was quad + 2.

It sounds OK that way, but I was still wanting to get to four, so I simply unplugged the two side speakers leaving the front left/right and back left/right. And there it was... quad. Sounds great.

I didn’t have this problem with the previous receiver because there weren’t two back speakers. Quad would play through the fronts and sides. I think it was set to DTS Surround at the time, but I can’t remember.

Just wondering if there’s a better receiver audio setting that doesn’t have me unplugging speakers to get the intended result.
yea. i tried the back speaker adjustment. when i gate the back speakers working it knocks off one of the front speakers.

Hit the pure button on the remote and it should play exactly what is encoded on the disc, my Denon is the avr-x2600

Hit the pure button on the remote and it should play exactly what is encoded on the disc, my Denon is the avr-x2600
hi
i want to thank everyone that sent me advise. fyi i found out a few things after i got the quadio disk working.
i tried plugging it into my surround sound amp, sounded like mono. i did a few other things , tried all of your suggestions.
i had to go out and buy a new panasonic bluray player with rca outputs, disable the center and subwoofer and i plugged it into my akai as 1080 quadraphonic amp. now it sounds like true quad. if anyone tells you that you can just plug a quadio disc into a surround sound receiver and get quadraphonic sound they do not know what they are talking about or have never heard quadraphonic sound.

hi
i want to thank everyone that sent me advise. fyi i found out a few things after i got the quadio disk working.
i tried plugging it into my surround sound amp, sounded like mono. i did a few other things , tried all of your suggestions.
i had to go out and buy a new panasonic bluray player with rca outputs, disable the center and subwoofer and i plugged it into my akai as 1080 quadraphonic amp. now it sounds like true quad. if anyone tells you that you can just plug a quadio disc into a surround sound receiver and get quadraphonic sound they do not know what they are talking about or have never heard quadraphonic sound.

Back