Does anyone still offer a multi-channel SACD player?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Reading

I used to have a Denon SACD player and it supported multi0channel output but I had to connect it to my amplifier with five phono cables one for each channel. When the player broke I forund that only 2-channel players were avbailable. However now there is HDMI and I was wondering if anyone makes an SACS multichannel player that used SACD. I have a load of discs many multi-channel and cannot enjoy them any more.

I used to have a Denon SACD player and it supported multi0channel output but I had to connect it to my amplifier with five phono cables one for each channel. When the player broke I forund that only 2-channel players were avbailable. However now there is HDMI and I was wondering if anyone makes an SACS multichannel player that used SACD. I have a load of discs many multi-channel and cannot enjoy them any more.
Sony have the 800M2, plays SACD and DVD-A and UHD BD over HDMI.

Yes but does it play 5 channel sound. Most of the scd players that have HDMI only output save in 2-channels

Yes but does it play 5 channel sound. Most of the scd players that have HDMI only output save in 2-channels
It plays 5.1 SACD’s over HDMI just fine, however bitstreaming the pure DSD will depend on the receiver you have. Some receivers can decode native DSD while others have to convert to PCM, although I doubt you’ll hear a difference either way. I have the Sony UBP-X800 and I love it.

It plays 5.1 SACD’s over HDMI just fine, however bitstreaming the pure DSD will depend on the receiver you have. Some receivers can decode native DSD while others have to convert to PCM, although I doubt you’ll hear a difference either way. I have the Sony UBP-X800 and I love it.
Another Sony UBP-X800 lover. The tank.

:D I use a Yamaha BD-S681 for SACD the most.
Yamaha Blu-ray Disc™ Player offers a CD Mode for playing music discs. This mode reduces disc revolution, thus improving data reading sensitivity. In addition, the combination of drive motor stability and disc rotation greatly reduces vibration. It also turns off the HDMI® video output and other circuits that are unnecessary for audio playback. As in high-end CD players, high sound quality music reproduction has become possible.

If this was ever true, it was a long time ago.
Another Sony UBP-X800 lover. The tank.

:D I use a Yamaha BD-S681 for SACD the most.
Yamaha Blu-ray Disc™ Player offers a CD Mode for playing music discs. This mode reduces disc revolution, thus improving data reading sensitivity. In addition, the combination of drive motor stability and disc rotation greatly reduces vibration. It also turns off the HDMI® video output and other circuits that are unnecessary for audio playback. As in high-end CD players, high sound quality music reproduction has become possible.

That is pure bulls...er, silliness.

Anyway elsewhere in the user manual, p 40, it shows that the BD-S681 also plays the Multi-channel area of an SACD. Via HDMI. Just don't use 'CD Mode'.

If this was ever true, it was a long time ago.

That is pure bulls...er, silliness.

Anyway elsewhere in the user manual, p 40, it shows that the BD-S681 also plays the Multi-channel area of an SACD. Via HDMI. Just don't use 'CD Mode'.
🙃 Manual is wrong. The slower speed is probably bull. I know it shouldn't matter but I find the Yamaha to be very smooth compared to the fine sound with the Sony X800. New (HDMI board) Yamaha A2A receiver. 😁

Manual for the BD-S681 is wrong? It says the *default* for reading SACDs is the Multi area.

Not to mention there's this on p 42

1665541424813.png

In my face lol. All good with this, I'm referring to the 'Just don't use 'CD Mode'. WHY?

My main point was to show that the player could do surround, period. I just assumed something as silly and named 'CD Mode' meant stereo. I didn;t mean that the manual says that...the manual doesn't say one way or the other AFAICT. If you were trying to make the point that your SACD player does do surround even when using a silly placebophile setting called 'CD Mode', I missed it.

Last edited:
Oh my...:unsure:
If you were trying to make the point that your SACD player does surround even when using a silly placebophile setting called 'CD Mode', I missed it. My point was to show that the player could do surround, period.
I used a sure big grin for the placebophile world in my post. Player does surround great in any mode is why I'm here. lol Really here for Sony X800.
You own Yamaha?
in your face
Good night. :devilish:

There's always a Reavon multidisc player. I've got my eye on one as a Christmas present to me....

It has analogue 5.1 outputs as well as HDMI.

https://reavon.com/bluray-player-ubr-x200/

Back